Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need advise on maintaining proper Sleep posture
Need advise on maintaining proper Sleep posture
Somebody mentioned that I might be having problems resulting from my chin and neck not being properly aligned during my sleep. What  is/are the best ways to prevent positioning my neck and chin so that they interfere with my sleep. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need advise on maintaining proper Sleep posture
Some folks on here have said, they wear a soft cervical collar, to stop chin tucking, and mouth leaks. I've tried it and haven't tolerated it very well. It isn't very expensive to try, and they're sold at pharmacies.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a problem with chin tuck and corrected it by using a buckwheat chaff pillow. It may sound a little strange but it can be configured to keep your head in a stable position and also provide support for your neck. It is the most comfortable pillow I  have used. I don't know what you can buy in Mexico city. I assume you have access to amazon. Even if you don't, got to amazon and search for CPAPfit pillow. You will see the pillow I purchased. There is a very good review video that will help you understand how the pillow is used. It's important that you get a pillow with a zipper so you can remove or add chaff to get the amount that works best for you. If you shearch for buckwheat chaff pillows using google you will find much good information.

The pillow works best for side sleepers but also helps if I roll onto my back.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have zero problems with that in the summer when I use this sculptured gel pillow that prevents my head from shifting down.  Not so good to use in the winter though.  Look up orthopedic or therapeutic pillow. Alas, most of them are memory foam, which I don't really like in a pillow.

My sister uses a pillow like this (she was in a car crash years ago and has chronic neck pain).   However, I have not tried it using a cpap and mask.
[commercial link removed-- instead, search Amazon for "Tri-Core Cervical Pillow, Full Size, Standard Firm"]

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----

Post Reply Post Reply
The tri-core cervical pillow looks like a good alternative to the buckwheat chaff pillow which can be molded to the same shape. The one advantage I see to the buckwheat chaff is that it can be shaped to fit your needs. Either should be better than a standard soft pillow. If you look in the product review section of the forum you will see posts on various types of CPAP pillows.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I just last night got the buckwheat chaff pillow mentioned above ($49 on Amazon), and I'm shocked at how comfortable it is! Between it and my faux tempurpedic mattress, I didn't budge all night!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  First Night Looking for advise wjg1 4 180 03-12-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 207 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  CPAP Data advise DaCronic072 1 292 01-02-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: DaCronic072
  Breathing pattern identification, Flow limitations and posture SingleH 95 6,661 12-28-2023, 03:16 PM
Last Post: k888
  Advise requested: Should I LOWER my pressure? Aknakon 21 1,134 12-22-2023, 08:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New CPAP user here. Ready to learn. Please advise how I can improve! Sleepyman12 4 501 12-13-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.