Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask Help
Mask Help
I have used a Respironics Reusable Contour Nasal Mask for 15 years. It's now been discontinued. Tried a Profile Lite but it seems to put too much pressure on my face and leads to sinus aggravation.

Can anyone recommend a mask that might be similar to the mask I used for so long? Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask Help
I'd recommend that you try to visit the DME and try on as many masks as they'll let you try on since your old favorite is not made any more.

There are dozens of nasal masks made these days. Some of them don't even have forehead supports. And many of them claim to be "ultra light". But you have to find one that works with YOUR nose on YOUR face.

As a starting point, I can tell you my hubby quite likes his F&P Eson nasal mask.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Robysue. I have to find a local place. Been dealing with mailorder for many years. Probably time to visit sleep doc again once I find one.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have found the ResMed Activa (original Version) to be the best mask that I have used.
Post Reply Post Reply
I like the wisp nasal mask and I don't use the cloth headgear. I can't remember what the headgear is made out of. I have been sort of sleep deprived for the past 2 months.

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know if it is similar to your old mask or not but the F&P Eson is a wonderful nasal mask
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,525 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,209 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,755 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,094 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,423 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan
  Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue Visitor 10 4,832 10-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Personal Experience On Nasal Mask Compared with Full Face Mask ramphil2019 19 4,529 04-07-2019, 12:01 AM
Last Post: ramphil2019

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.