Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask Leak
RE: Mask Leak
Thanks for the heads-up on where to get 'em!
--Leslie

"It will all be fine in the end. If it isn't fine, it isn't the end."
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Scott.  I'll head over to CVS tomorrow.
--Leslie

Post Reply Post Reply
I've got the congestion pretty well managed with flonase & zyrtec, but I definitely have a deviated septum and who knows what else (and hx of  frequent otitis media).  I actually have an ENT appointment to be assessed for vertigo.  I'll have that convo again about my sinuses.
--Leslie

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-24-2017, 02:53 PM)chill Wrote:  Another seldom mentioned possible solution is an adult sized <cough> pacifier.  I have not tried it but I expect it would cause the tongue suck in response to using.

I laughed at this. Then I googled it, you know, just curiosity. Holy cow, this is apparently a thing. Is this weird or am I weird for finding this weird?
And now I'm left wondering if this might actually work to keep one' s mouth shut...hmmmm.
Post Reply Post Reply
there are a large number of people who thumb suck as adults. When using a FFM, a pacifier would do the job. Someone started a thread about it this year.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a pacifier and it's resulted in a complete reduction in mouth air loss. After some time I was able to ditch the chinstrap also.
Post Reply Post Reply
lazurm, a pacifier was my first thought after failed taping due to beard/mustache. not a problem for rooy1960 but I hope still on topic. I tried a similar-ish anti snore affair that holds tongue tip outside mouth but leaks and drool were worse. any idea if pacifier affected to point of failure by facial hair? any suggestions for what and where to buy? do you have to strap it on somehow or just hold with teeth or suction? this might sound weird but have you noticed any realignment misalignment of teeth as a result?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 20 2 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 235 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,407 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 141 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 150 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 133 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  2 weeks in. Mask leak and flow limit Jojo1982 11 672 02-22-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Jojo1982

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.