Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask Leak vs Comfort
RE: Mask Leak vs Comfort
For 16 years I used to let my Profile Lite Gel mask leak to make it easier to breathe in and out. There was just too much stuffiness about it.

I started to realize that perhaps I wasn't getting proper therapy by letting the mask leak and was lucky enough to find a couple that have a better exhaust.

Lately in trying to improve my situation I picked up an auto cpap and got the Wizard 210 nasal mask. It has a higher rate of carbon dioxide exhaust and it makes a major difference such that I can breathe fine while trying not to make it leak intentionally.

Liking the exhaust flow so much I decided to get the Wizard 220 full face mask for if my nose is stuffed up and also to see if it would help with mouth leaks, which it did immediately. It has even a little higher leak rate.

If you can't make your mask work or if you just want to try some things to help you breathe easier I would vote for either one of these for anyone. Believe me for me to to be able to stop purposely letting my mask leak with these is practically a miracle in my case.

Also interesting is the Profile Lite Gel was about the top selling mask for years. They have now stopped making it.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask Leak vs Comfort
Thanks for the replies, everyone. I am going to try a few different masks and see what works best. So far, my ahi hasn't been affected much by changes in leak rate.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 14 333 04-13-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: chronic
  Leak Spikes and A Break in Flow blu15 9 1,259 04-06-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: avhenry
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 10 406 03-29-2024, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 4 199 03-29-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,474 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 203 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  2 weeks in. Mask leak and flow limit Jojo1982 11 795 02-22-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Jojo1982

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.