Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask Leak
Mask Leak
    hi Everyone not new here but have question . I recently decided to go back to a nasal Mask from a full face (simplus ) But leak rates are way up . I know I'm not opening my mouth, and it is a low quality Nasal Mask just wondering if I should spend the money on a good nasal or stick with FF ? you can probably tell when I switched by the attachment lol
Think in the morning. Act in the noon. Eat in the evening. Sleep in the night.
William Blake

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask Leak
You need to show Daily charts, cannot tell much from the 'Overview'
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-06-2014, 06:47 PM)Iceracer Wrote: I know I'm not opening my mouth

taped shut?
Post Reply Post Reply
Even taped shut does not guarantee no mouth leaks!

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
First link is for Nasal

http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w610...aa3404.png
2ND link is with my Simplus Full Face
http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w610...b85d1e.png
William Blake

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-06-2014, 06:47 PM)Iceracer Wrote: I know I'm not opening my mouth,

How's that?
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-07-2014, 10:56 AM)Sleepster Wrote:
(06-06-2014, 06:47 PM)Iceracer Wrote: I know I'm not opening my mouth,

How's that?
Nite Vision Video no sound though
William Blake

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Your mouth doesn't have to open very far. Have you looked closely at the video during the times that the graph shows you're in large leak? Does it show that your mask is still on straight and not dislodged?

If your mask is not dislodged, and your mouth is closed, and you have a large leak, all at the same time, then what could it possibly be? Combine this with the fact that a FFM stops the leaks, and it seems the only conclusion is that your mouth is open just a few millimeters so that it can't be seen on the video footage.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-07-2014, 01:00 PM)Sleepster Wrote: Your mouth doesn't have to open very far. Have you looked closely at the video during the times that the graph shows you're in large leak? Does it show that your mask is still on straight and not dislodged?

If your mask is not dislodged, and your mouth is closed, and you have a large leak, all at the same time, then what could it possibly be? Combine this with the fact that a FFM stops the leaks, and it seems the only conclusion is that your mouth is open just a few millimeters so that it can't be seen on the video footage.
its possible I suppose but I zoomed in and cannot see the mouth open at all its frustrating because I used to be 0 leak
William Blake

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-07-2014, 01:15 PM)Iceracer Wrote: its possible I suppose but I zoomed in and cannot see the mouth open at all its frustrating because I used to be 0 leak

I was in denial that my mouth was open, but in fact I had been experiencing mouth leaks. My wife verified that my lips would barely part...she would have to get very close to see it. But yeah...my mouth was indeed opening. I suspect you are doing the same.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 233 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,407 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 140 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 147 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 133 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  2 weeks in. Mask leak and flow limit Jojo1982 11 670 02-22-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Jojo1982
Sad [Treatment] UARS with Aerophagia and a High Leak Rate, what next? Adam0410 9 407 02-14-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.