Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask Leakage Airsense 10
RE: Mask Leakage Airsense 10
To all who have participated in this thread: Thanks much. I do have the silicon elbow on order (special thanks to AndyB). My leak issue is interesting in that when I really push hard on humidifier tank upon insertion, sometimes the leak goes away. However the next night when I do the same thing, the red sad face appears on the screen in the morning. When it is leaking, it as though the machine resorts back to a single pressure all night -- I still sleep ok as my apnea numbers rarely go above 1, so I am lucky there.

I'll report back when after i install the new silicone seal.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, I replaced the elbow and nothing really changed.  Problem still exists.   I guess my next step would be to purchase a new tank.   However since my machine has thousands of hours on it I probably should just purchase a new machine.   Also, my Oscar numbers show now that the pressure almost never goes above 7.5 and I use the auto settings.  Past records indicate pressures going up to 15 to 18 some nights and my original script was 8cm.

Question is should I weight for the new airsense 11 to come out?   I think I can get buy for a while with what I have.  Any thoughts are welcome.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wouldn't, airsense 10 gets the job done and I never trust 1st release of anything. You can buy a humidifier tank now and then keep it as a spare if you buy a new machine. The tanks are cheap and I always keep one as a spare.
Post Reply Post Reply
Humidifier tanks are something that the insurance company has on their replacement schedule, so if you have a DME that specializes in sending you stuff you don't need (*cough*lincare*cough*) then you end up with a pile of them. (What you need is a tank, and a spare. If you break the tank somehow then you have a backup and then you can order another one, but don't let the dme send you one every time the insurance company says that you can have them.)

The end result is that people who end up with stuff they don't need will sell them on ebay or craigslist. They are small and cheap to ship, so they tend to sell pretty cheaply...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  [CPAP] Can pressure wanting to go higher actually be due to leakage? richapple 1 107 03-15-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 300 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [CPAP] Massive leakage with new P30i unlockingsleep 2 260 02-25-2024, 03:14 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 342 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,184 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Why do I need to get my flow limitation and leakage down? Kathy14225 12 1,430 09-30-2023, 09:17 AM
Last Post: Kathy14225

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.