Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask Leaks
RE: Mask Leaks
Thanks all.  I went with FFM based on mouth breathing but I'm more than willing to try different masks.  I'll give the P10 a shot.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-31-2018, 11:04 PM)bonjour Wrote: If you haven't read it read the Mask Primer.  Why are you using a full Face mask?  I always suggest trying masks from the least intrusive, Pillow Masks which rest on, not in, the nares of the nose to the most intrusive, the full face mask.  That is Pillows, nasal, FFM.  Which mask is best for you, and don't take this wrong, is the mask that works for you.

Thanks bonjour and sleepyhead - received the P10 yesterday and gave it a go last night.  Pretty happy with the results and only slightly sore in my nose.  I'm going to return the mirage quattro and search for another FFM as a backup in case I get congested.  I would have never thought of using a nasal pillow, and I guess the mouth breathing wasn't really an issue (we'll see over the next week). 

I really appreciate all of the information on these boards and wikia, really helpful for someone new to the game.  Here's last nights chart.  Cheers
Post Reply Post Reply
FYI I was a mouth breather with some of the worst leaks seen on this forum. I now use the P10 exclusively, even with a cold and very heavy congestion. The secret here is to let the pressure do its magic and after 5 minutes or so with some mouth breathing during that time, the P10 mask is doing its thing as on a normal night.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just wanted to give an update with the P10 after using it for a couple weeks.  I'm very pleased with it, couldn't be happier!  AHI's are now <2, leak rate is <5, sleeping great.

Here's what others suggested and I found helpful:

-headband was too small, stretching it out helped with "pig nose" pain
-lanisol cream elimiated nose chafe and leaks
-I installed a hook on the bed to elevate the hose so the weight of it wasn't pull the P10 off my face
-I thought I was a mouth breather so I initially avoided the nasal pillow entirely.  Guess what?  I was wrong, lol.

Still haven't come to terms on the best FFM for colds, etc but this is a major win for me.

Cheers

Ian
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 284 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 139 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 161 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help regarding managing leaks Strange54 0 108 03-09-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Strange54
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 501 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 768 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.