Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask Opininions?
Mask Opininions?
So I started with a Nasal pillow because it looked the least cumbersome but I was wondering while im on my 30 day trial should I try other masks?

I currently have the resmed airfit p10 (medium) but it kinda feels like the bottom of my nose is a bit dry soar lately. Should I try a full nose mask or even a full face mask? Are there pros/cons?

Are there other nasalpillows I could try for testing purposes?

This is my provider and what is available:

[Commercial Link Removed]

-----
Moderator Action: Commercial Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask Opininions?
I started with using the Respironics Wisp mask with size "L" cushion. I found it leaked too much because it was too big. But the smaller Wisp cushion is sized "M/S" -- which is too small. So I switched to Resmed N20 nasal mask with medium cushion and find it a much better mask (I've used it only one week so far). I tried the Respironics Nuance pillows mask, and couldn't get used to it.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you can avoid mouth breathing there is no reason to try a full face mask. You will likely find it less comfortable, you may have to try several to find a good fit for your face, and avoiding leaks will be more of a problem. I wear a full face mask because none of the suggested methods to avoid mouth breathing work for me. I went through several that caused sores on the bridge of my nose and or leakage into my eyes before I tried the the Airfit F20 which has eliminated those issues. I would still prefer nasal pillows if I could use them. I can't advise you on alternative nasal masks but I'm sure others will.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
In contrast to Rich66, I found the ResMed N20 to be uncomfortable, and the Wisp with L cushion has worked well for a couple of years now.
I think it just depends on your nose and face contours.

I agree with Melman that finding a full face mask to fit your own contours can be a problem.

I have used a Brevida, and it works fairly well, but the 'prongs' sometimes irritate my nostrils. I'm planning on trying a Envira (?), as it looks like it would be comfortable.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Really thankful I apparently dont mouth breath at all! its a livesaver for cpap
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2021, 02:22 PM)pholynyk Wrote: In contrast to Rich66, I found the ResMed N20 to be uncomfortable, and the Wisp with L cushion has worked well for a couple of years now.
I think it just depends on your nose and face contours.

I agree with Melman that finding a full face mask to fit your own contours can be a problem.

I have used a Brevida, and it works fairly well, but the 'prongs'  sometimes irritate my nostrils. I'm planning on trying a Envira (?), as it looks like it would be comfortable.

Do you guys find the nose ones more comfortable than the pillows?
Post Reply Post Reply
There are pro's and con's for each. I think the pillows may irritate the nostrils, but not always. The nasel masks are most like to irritate the bridge of the the nose (I have a semi-permanent red spot that never becomes a sore.)

I think you have to try both to see which works best for you.

The Evora (mis-spelled above) seems to be a pillows mask with out anything entering the nostrils, but held in position by cushions on the sides of the nose - which is why I want to try it at next mask change.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,525 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,209 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,753 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,094 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,423 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan
  Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue Visitor 10 4,832 10-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Personal Experience On Nasal Mask Compared with Full Face Mask ramphil2019 19 4,529 04-07-2019, 12:01 AM
Last Post: ramphil2019

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.