Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask Pressure in Sleepyhead
Mask Pressure in Sleepyhead
I've searched on here and other sites but can't find the answer. I see in a number of posts that people using Sleepyhead have a graph showing mask pressure. For some reason, I cannot get it to display for me. I'm not sure if it is because of the machine I'm using (PRS1 560) or some other reason. It is selected in Sleepyhead to display, I've verified that.
The reason I am interested in this graph specifically is because I use the FitLife mask and I just wanted to verify actual pressure at the mask since it is such a large mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask Pressure in Sleepyhead
Unfortunately, the PRS1 units do not produce that piece of telemetry. ResMed units do. ResMed units give the mask pressure on a breath-by-breath basis, so for example you can see the effects of EPR on the pressure profile. PRS1 units only give the pressure setting for constant-pressure CPAP units or the current instantaneous auto-pressure setting for auto-CPAP units.

Now, to my knowledge, the "mask pressure" on ResMed units is not actually a measured value at the mask. It is the instantaneous expected pressure value at the mask, given the machine's understanding of which mask is being used.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask Pressure in Sleepyhead
Thanks for the reply. That solves that issue.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 527 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Do mask types affect xpaps rise in eye pressure? Happyeyes 4 364 01-12-2024, 10:05 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Mask for High Pressure on ASV PamVT41 8 547 12-16-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,647 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Mask pressure wave form with obstructive events jaredihnen 6 451 12-07-2023, 04:10 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 925 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  New Full Face Mask- Flow and Pressure Rise acruisertoo 8 807 08-06-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: acruisertoo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.