Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask Recommendation
Mask Recommendation
I'm currently using a ResMed Air Touch F20 Cushion mask but it's leaking air - I've also used the F20 Air Fit with the same results.

I need a mask that doesn't leak without being painfully tight @ 20cm inspiratory pressure. Any suggestions?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask Recommendation
Unfortunately what works well for some does not work for others. If it weren't for what you posted I would have suggested the airfit F20 which works well for me. I rarely have leaks. Have you read the mask primer? It may help you. See the link below.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I started out with the AirFit F20. For me, it works well.

I now alternate back & forth between that and the AirFit F30. Of the two, the F30 is my favorite.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nasal mask, ResMed Mirage Activa.
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW any given mask that fits very well can handle pressures to 25 cmH2O or more. My F20 can work with my ASV at 25. Now, to the point bonjour is alluding to, nasal masks take less real estate and that means less areas to leak. The Activa has a bellows seal that offers lots of mask movement without breaking the seal.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Melman,

Thank you for your assistance - great manual on mask fit. I will continue and - as you know: Anything is Possible.

Question: I would like others with my particular heart condition to know about my success resolving apnea induced heart arrhythmia. The solution: maintain stable and adequate tidal volume. The only machine I have found that has the software to achieve this desire is the iVAPS in the ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A machine.

If there is a forum for such information on the Air Board, I will write up a report using the boards format.

Sincerely,

FijiFarmer
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Mask recommendation for a sensitive side-sleeper who might have an unusual face shape PersonInNY 6 184 7 hours ago
Last Post: PersonInNY
  [Pressure] Request Recommendation for a Dial Manometer Samwrites 4 212 03-24-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Equipment] BiPAP Replacement Recommendation Prowler 1 285 01-28-2024, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Auto Titrating Machine Recommendation REM dominated OA BoxcarPete 21 1,396 11-20-2023, 03:40 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] LF Oral Surgeon recommendation in DMV area for MMA SleepWhenImDead 1 1,111 11-16-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: isabelle315
  Full Face Mask Recommendation? Dan8585 4 944 10-12-2023, 03:33 PM
Last Post: NightyTighty
  RECOMMENDATION REQUESTED - LIGHT THERAPY srlevine1 0 383 07-23-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.