Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

QUESTION - HARDWARE
QUESTION - HARDWARE
I have over five years of usage on my S10 Autoset and am eligible for a new machine.

I was wondering if anyone has voluntarily turned down an S11 Autoset and replaced their old machine with another S10? And why?

I am thinking about replacing my S10 with another S10 to preserve the use of my attached $800 pulse-oximeter.

Thanks,

Steve
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: QUESTION - HARDWARE
>>> preserve the use of my attached $800 pulse-oximeter.

I think that's an excellent reason to stick with an AS10 !!!

Plus, you'll get a brand new 4G modem in a new one Big Grin
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Steve, I also have the $800 pulse oximeter. It is so much easier than using some other units that is so small you cant even see the writing and then you have to manually import the data into Oscar.

I am not in need if a machine but you bring up a valid point. I have COPD so this is a very usable feature. I recently had a knee replacement and am on narcotics and I am using it it to make make my 02 is good.

I did a search on the Airsense 11 to see if it even has this function and nothing came up. Maybe you can answer that question.
If it does not have that capability I personally would request a Airsense 10.

To sum up my opinion about the healthcare industry, "We are not patients, we are numbers"
Post Reply Post Reply
Steve, you have one of the best reasons to get another A10 AutoSet instead of the newer A11. Go for it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  app for monitoring sleep quality with CPAP - but without extra hardware? Benzi 2 740 04-05-2021, 10:49 PM
Last Post: Benzi
  Anyone Familiar With CPAP Hardware? Trying to repair a non working machine jbsix 15 3,514 06-17-2019, 04:13 AM
Last Post: jbsix
  Recording accelerometer, my second "hardware" game changer 2SleepBetta 13 2,659 10-07-2018, 04:44 AM
Last Post: 2SleepBetta
  Flow rate question and clock question The Rog 8 2,424 04-02-2018, 07:29 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  Looking for the hardware service manual for a DreamStation DSX700T11 mraroid 5 2,185 07-28-2017, 02:43 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.