Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask Resistance Number for Amara View
Mask Resistance Number for Amara View
Hi,

New to the board and just switched to an Amara View Mask from DreamWear under nose but I don't know the resistance number to put in my Dream Station.
Does anyone know it?

Thanks, Hillbilly
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask Resistance Number for Amara View
According to this manual, it is x1 resistance.  This is for the system one, but if I remember correctly Mask resistance didn't change from System One to the Dreamstation.  

http://www.apneaboard.com/amara-view-cpa...ctions.pdf

Moderator note:  The link you gave was to a commercial DME website, which isn't allowed according to forum rules.  I've put the file on our server in the link above instead.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank You. I saw that too but wasn't sure if it changed.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-05-2017, 09:46 AM)Hillbilly Wrote: Hi,

New to the board and just switched to an Amara View Mask from DreamWear under nose but I don't know the resistance number to put in my Dream Station.
Does anyone know it?

Thanks, Hillbilly

Actually Phillips recommends that any mask not made by them be set at X0. The resistence settings are meant for Phillips products only.
Post Reply Post Reply
Isn't Amara made by Phillips? It's on there website.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-05-2017, 09:46 AM)Hillbilly Wrote: Hi,

Does anyone know it?

Thanks, Hillbilly
The Amara View's user's manual says to use a resistance setting of x1.

(02-05-2017, 10:53 AM)C0mbe Wrote: According to this manual, it is x1 resistance.  This is for the system one, but if I remember correctly Mask resistance didn't change from System One to the Dreamstation.  
http://www.apneaboard.com/amara-view-cpa...ctions.pdf
I think your memory is correct.

I have had good luck using the resistance settings listed in the System One resistance settings chart with ResMed masks as well as Respironics masks on my DreamStation.  If I'm not sure which setting to use, I find the Respironics mask of the same style whose leak rates most closely match the one not listed and use it's recommended resistance setting. Or, as TonyJ stated, you can just use x0.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Hillbilly,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I wish you good luck with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry to bump... but I wanted to follow up on this.

On the Phillips chart, I understand the Amara View to be x1. I also understand the DreamWear to be x1.

So, why would my DME put my DreamStation at x0 for either of them? Should I manually adjust that to x1?

Essentially... what is the difference between these x0, x1, x2, etc. settings?
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-21-2017, 01:52 AM)Hydrangea Wrote: Sorry to bump... but I wanted to follow up on this.

On the Phillips chart, I understand the Amara View to be x1.  I also understand the DreamWear to be x1.  

So, why would my DME put my DreamStation at x0 for either of them?  Should I manually adjust that to x1?  

Essentially... what is the difference between these x0, x1, x2, etc. settings?

The only explanation I have seen on the resistance settings is the stock manufacturer's, which doesn't really explain much. Philips telling us to set all non-Philips masks to a setting of x0 doesn't help clarify matters any. There has been some discussion on the board whether the resistance setting is really necessary or not, or even if they actually do anything beneficial. Do they do any good? I don't know. I use the settings because they are there and I want to use every available feature my machine has.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] ATRIAL FIBRILLATION - CONTRARIAN VIEW? srlevine1 9 349 03-05-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  High Number of Central Apneas HungryPanda 5 453 02-13-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Number of Events? Heaviside 8 333 02-12-2024, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  S10 REF Number The Mask Bandit 2 200 02-05-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [Treatment] New to APAP. High number of "Clear Airway events". Not sure what to do. lujojo 17 1,131 01-30-2024, 10:14 AM
Last Post: lujojo
  Seeing large number of clear airway events after starting new medication PapaColin 5 323 01-20-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Looking for Help Interpreting OSCAR Daily View timfik 4 585 11-14-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: timfik

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.