Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

when is a prescription not a prescription?
RE: when is a prescription not a prescription?
(05-02-2017, 11:09 AM)xxyzx Wrote: has two G codes for the diagnosis
 Dx  G47.33/G47.31

ICD-10 codes G47 is Sleep Disorder.
Subcodes:
G47.33 is Narcolepsy
G47.31 is Primary central sleep apnea
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you even contacted a second or even a third DME yet? You have been messing with this for over two weeks now. But I think that w/o the specific pressure stated on the prescription the DME cannot issue the device. What you "know" is not material in the world of FDA rules and regulations. It is sounding to me like your Dr. messed up the prescription and will not admit his/her fallibility.

The DME can call and verify the initial set up parameters I think, but if the Dr will not give them to the DME the DME cannot issue the equipment.

Someone correct me if I am wrong here, but doesn't an ASV need more set up parameters than a biPAP? If that is the case, then the BiPAP titration study is not sufficient to determine the operating parameters of an ASV machine. The Dr may not feel confidant with the auto titration given the OPs difficulties with previous attempts at resolving their sleep bathing issues.
Post Reply Post Reply
Too-funny ha ha. I do not have much problems with sleep bathing but maybe OP does.
Post Reply Post Reply
Obviously 14/11 is not a prescription for ASV. That might be your problem. That is a prescription for a fixed bilevel (pressure support 3.0) that could be done by an Autoset. For ASV the supplier is looking for EPAP min IPAP max and a range of PS.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prescription for specific mask types? Slycer 2 119 03-17-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Slycer
  Prescription settings AfibApnea 12 792 11-21-2023, 09:08 PM
Last Post: AfibApnea
  [CPAP] Question about cpap/bipap prescription UARS tugboatxd 9 982 11-09-2023, 02:00 AM
Last Post: meatwagon42
  Buying ASV online without a prescription books456 19 1,981 05-31-2023, 09:58 PM
Last Post: DevinJones
  [Equipment] Newbie with prescription and brand new machine from relative Bruce61 1 459 02-18-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Prescription for BiPAP DanEm 11 1,189 12-25-2022, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How to get a prescription - live in rural area Madison320 22 2,419 11-11-2022, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Madison320

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.