Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Increase in Events per hour
Increase in Events per hour
I have been on my ASV therapy for the past 7 mos. Within the past month I have developed slurred speech, swallowing difficulties and loss of appetite. Very recently I have noticed quite a rise with my events per hour. I was inquiring whether anyone else has had this same situation and whether there is a direct correlation with these symptoms and an increase with their events per hour?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Increase in Events per hour
Have you gone to a Doctor? Those are serious conditions they you need to get checked!
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
With slurred speech you need to be seen ASAP
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-10-2017, 05:15 PM)Dennisl27 Wrote: I have been on my ASV therapy for the past 7 mos. Within the past month I have developed slurred speech, swallowing difficulties and loss of appetite. Very recently I have noticed quite a rise with my events per hour. I was inquiring whether anyone else has had this same situation and whether there is a direct correlation with these symptoms and an increase with their events per hour?

Let's take a look at your therapy and figure out if we need to look at the ASV, or maybe something else. Please download the free #Sleepyhead software, and  take a look at the first two links in my signature on how to post the charts.  We can very quickly identify problems, offer suggestions, or even refer you back to the doctor.  Without looking at your settings and results, it gets a lot harder.  

It is possible to make matters worse with ASV, but we really need to know where you're at in terms of settings and therapy. We need to know your therapy mode, minimum and maximum EPAP, Maximum IPAP and pressure support range, to even begin to guess what might be going on.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do I need to increase my max pressure? Daveman 4 45 18 minutes ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 351 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,398 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 268 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 118 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 176 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Large Increase in AHI with F20 Mask David milt 3 153 03-13-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.