Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask Sizing Guide
Mask Sizing Guide
Having been on Bipap for three months I have tried 4 masks to date. Most recently the Dr office sent me home with a Resproniocs Wisp and an Airfit N-20. Both have a size Lg cushion.  I came across a sizing cutout for sizing that comes with the AirFit.  You align the guide under the nose and it should align with the edge of your eyes. Even tho the guide is listed as being "for Her" it tells me that I should have a small cushion.  It would seem to me that his or her would not matter.

Is a guide such as this reliable?  I had been using a nasal pillow prior and find this to be more comfortable. I am just trying to get a better seal. 

What is an acceptable leak rate?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask Sizing Guide
If I was you, I would post this on the main section of the Forum.  Better chance of being seen, plus this area is more for the reviews rather than questions about the masks.

I will let the more experienced folks reply to the sizing guide as I haven't used enough of them to comment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thread moved to Main Forum.   Coffee

Also, in case others need it, there's an excellent "Mask Primer" article by Bonjour on the Apnea Board Wiki, here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer

At the bottom, you'll find a list of PDF sizing guides that you can print up for several masks.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Dang, forgot to mention that Mask Primer! Even though it's in my signature...duoh!! Smile Bonjour did one heck of a job on it too.
Post Reply Post Reply
The fitting guides in the Mask Primer are from the vendors and IMHO give us the best starting point for fit.

Masks must be tried on Preferably under pressure and lying down. Mask fit is very individual and each of us is different.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nothing beats trying them on!

Not the mask you're looking at, but here's my example nonetheless. On the guide for DreamWear, I measure as either a Large or a MediumWide. They fit ok, but leak more than I'd like. The Medium fits me perfectly, doesn't leak, and doesn't shift in my sleep. So... the sizing guide was a nice place to start, but wasn't 100% reliable.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried the Nuance again last night. Using the Lg pillow, I didn't get the soreness but the seal was bad even though I didn't realize it. The leaks were 43 and the events were 15.2
Post Reply Post Reply
This guide was made made based on the one made by Resmed. Thus, it is reliable.

Thank you!

I totally agree. I usually use medium size mask, but when it comes to AmaraView, large fits better.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 293 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Resmed AirFit F30 sizing - on border confinedmind 10 582 12-20-2023, 04:13 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  ResMed Sizing templates cps22 4 519 11-27-2023, 11:53 AM
Last Post: cps22
Smile OSCAR-The Guide GordK 3 433 11-07-2023, 06:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Nasal Pillow Sizing F&P Brevida Columbiabill 0 449 09-09-2023, 01:32 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,525 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,208 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.