Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Thoughts on a travel specified machine vs packing up my S9 (witout humidifier)?
RE: Thoughts on a travel specified machine vs packing up my S9 (witout humidifier)?
(07-31-2017, 05:01 PM)jason26 Wrote: Anything to save weight. I'll be going 10 months with a 50l backpack that also has to take 2 laptops.

First off, I would love to be taking a trip like that...

If you are only taking a 50 liter pack, especially with 2 laptops, your choice is pretty much made for you. Where are you going exactly? South Asia? Norway? Mali? I'm asking so we can get a quick fix on what all else has to go in that pack. E.g. in South Asia, you can just buy clothes there (no need for much clothing space in your pack). If you're going to the Alps in winter, that's a whole 'nother story.

You'll need supplies, too, correct? A package or two from Amazon or SecondWind to the back of beyond could be prohibitive...You might want to factor this into your budget, if budget is a determining factor in machine choice. Alternatively, there may be some international folks on here who know where to get supplies in their home countries.

Have the CPAP in a lockable case that you can tie onto the outside of the pack? Separate it out for flights (since the CPAP doesn't count as luggage)? I'm suggesting lockable so the CPAP can be secured at hostels and not become an attractive nuisance; otherwise, you'll be schlepping it around while sightseeing.

On the battery issue, I understand some folks use a PowerAdd. You could attach a backpacking solar panel to your pack, but it might be too easy to filch when you're on public transportation. A battery might actually take days to get recharged by solar panel....

Aside...If you're going to a developing country, take a Steripen....

My travel tips are from living abroad in developing (and other) countries. My gear tips are from being an outdoor/travel professional.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,678 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 674 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,733 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 768 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 446 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 353 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Small travel bag for ResMed 11 + Laptop? NelsonM 9 2,287 02-08-2024, 10:28 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.