Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask Suggestions?
RE: Mask Suggestions?
When I first started I had a terrible time getting a mask to fit right; I am completely a mouth breather and I could not find a face mask that would work without terrible leak rates all night long.  I read on one of these conversations about teaching yourself to breathe through the nose.  Practice during the day putting your tongue up on the roof of your mouth and breathing through your nose, and pretty soon it becomes a habit. I tried the Dreamwear Gel Nasal Pillows and I love it.  My AHI is almost always below 1, and rarely do I have any period of time with high leak rate.  I never thought I could stand the nasal pillows but this is really comfortable.  Also, the air hose comes in at the top of your head.  I can lay on either side or on my stomach and the mask still works.  I used an online retailer that had free mask returns so I did trial/error until I found one that worked.  It takes perseverance and some time and research to find what works for you!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask Suggestions?
I have been using cpap since 2004, tried many mask in that period.  Most years spent with the ResMed nasal pillows.  The past two nights I am trying the Dreamwear, and it seems very comfortable.  Do not give up, getting a good mask fit is worth the trouble.
g
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Giving up Evora, need suggestions PaulaO2 12 217 3 hours ago
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Looking for suggestions chzuck 31 565 04-13-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: chzuck
  Product Suggestions To Help Prevent Back Sleeping mawaw1992 6 182 04-07-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 3,105 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 317 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Help - Initial Titration Suggestions gli890 2 343 02-17-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Dreamstation 2 feels like it isn't treating my apnea (any suggestions)? Sunday3 4 313 02-05-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.