Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask Tilt Mouse Mask
Mask Tilt Mouse Mask
I use a comfort gel nasal mask which has an adjustment for backward and forward tilt. It can lean forward to my upper lip or back to my forehead. I never really thought about it much. One night I noticed that with the mask tilting back, I could breath better, mainly exhale more easily. It was a big difference. 

The other thing is my mask squeaks when I turn in bed, the fitting connecting to the hose, turns and sounds like a mouse. Mouse Mask Syndrome I think it's called. Is there some kind of lubricant that's safe to apply like WD40 or something to stop the 'squeak'? Or should I make a friend of the mouse, give him or her a name? Do some research on mice and there life cycle, how to befriend the mouse, and come to a mutual agreement?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask Tilt Mouse Mask
I don't think any petrochemical lubricant would be a good idea in your breathing. Off hand, I would suggest something like trombone slide oil or silicone tuning slide grease. Grease (silicone) is probably better than an oil, on second thought.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another thought for a lubricant might be a food grade O-ring lubricant.   It seems to only come in a 4 oz bottle, which will probably last forever.  I use it on my humidifier connection ports for a better seal.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the suggestions, but well it impact the overall health of the mouse itself? Mice, can't live with them, rather live without um.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you get a lube that's friendly to your plastic parts, I think you'll be fine. I would ditto staying away from the petroleum based stuff.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't use WD-40. I hope that this post isn't too late. Use something like Vaseoline instead.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was joking about WD40. Minor problem really.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do you know when to replace a mask? Lanners 1 83 03-26-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,558 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 98 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 140 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Prescription for specific mask types? Slycer 2 119 03-17-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Slycer
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 513 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Large Increase in AHI with F20 Mask David milt 3 151 03-13-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.