Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask Vent Rate and Mask Leaks
Mask Vent Rate and Mask Leaks
Using Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset and Resmed P30i Pillow Mask. Pressure setting 12-16.

Note that the P30i vent rate at my pressures are 36 L/min @ 12 cmH2o and 43 L/min @ 16 cmH2o.  As these are both over Resmed's "built in" 24 L/min considered as "acceptable" on leaks are these higher rates impacting mask leaks or Large Leak reporting in OSCAR or Resmed MyAir app?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask Vent Rate and Mask Leaks
Resmed takes into account the designed vent leak. The 24 L/min is the max non intentional leak rate before Resmed records a large leak
Post Reply Post Reply
Thx for reply.  Still bit confused though...does the P30i mask higher vent rate at higher pressures have any impact on reported large leaks?
Post Reply Post Reply
As long as you have the Mask Type on the machine set to pillows, as recommended by the manufacturer, it won't make enough difference to matter. ResMed took the designed leak rate into consideration when recommending the Mask Type setting.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate kink at end of exhalation ahuman 7 90 7 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 0 40 9 hours ago
Last Post: coffee9724
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 243 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  How do you know when to replace a mask? Lanners 1 88 03-26-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 288 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,411 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 117 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.