Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask Wipes
Mask Wipes
Since changing to the Mirage Quattro, at my 20 cm/H2O pressure, I have found that some friction between the air cushions and my flesh is important to keeping leaks down. With my old nasal mask, it did not seem to make much difference. Taking the cushions off to wash them daily is somewhat of a chore, so I decided to try mask wipes to clean the cushions while still assembled to the mask. I did this for 2 nights and saw a marked pattern change in my leaks during the night.

For the first half of the night the leakage was mostly above 24 l/min and for the last half of the night it was consistently under 24 l/min. Went back to soap and water with the cushions off the mask and this pattern went away. Has anyone else seen this kind of thing?

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask Wipes
Hi PaytonA,
I have found that using mask wipes between washings has helped me, I have gotten a bit lax on that but when I did that it did help, gotta go and take care of that, great reminder, thanks, (Ha-Ha.)
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I got one of those $00.01 deals on a container of wipes, and have been using them on and off - but to be honest, after so many years on my machine, daily cleaning hasn't happened in a few years. So hitting my mask with a wipe every day or three is quite an upgrade for me and the masks.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
I use wipes daily except when I wash with soap and water. Which is once a week. I think the wipes work very well, removes the oils.
Post Reply Post Reply
Could be the wipes left behind a residue and it took half the night for your skin's oil to break through it and to reform that friction.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-25-2014, 08:39 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Could be the wipes left behind a residue and it took half the night for your skin's oil to break through it and to reform that friction.

That was my thought. When seals are washed with soap and water, they feel very slightly tacky to the hand. After the wipes not so. Since I wash my face every night just before putting the mask on, it may take half the night for my skin to soak up any oils in the wipe formulation. That was my thought. I was just wondering if anyone might have a better idea.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the wipes in the morning, mask goes into the drawer until bed time -- then again, my leaks are pretty high compared to most people, so my process could be improved upon. I do a weekly washing with soap/water.

I still get the green smiley, and I'm sleeping well so not concerned about leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which CPAP Wipes Effectively Eliminate Bacteria and Germs? dharma2255 4 172 04-17-2024, 01:11 PM
Last Post: dharma2255
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,636 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,318 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,883 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Best wipes for cleaning and disinfecting 1kworthy 15 2,282 12-19-2021, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Questions Therapy Thread/Mask Leaks/Wipes newguy99 3 757 05-10-2021, 11:51 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  Are Wipes Containing cetylpyridinium chloride OK to Use? anderson5420 9 1,128 05-08-2021, 03:35 AM
Last Post: newguy99

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.