Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask air leak
RE: Mask air leak
I recently replaced my N20 with an identical N20, brand new, same size.

the head gear on my 6 month old N20 had stretched to heck. the old mask looked great, seemed great. I had leaks with it.

The new one works.

The old one had bit the bullet.

Maybe your old F30 isn't doing so well...
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2019, 06:28 PM)DaveL Wrote: I recently replaced my N20 with an identical N20, brand new, same size.

the head gear on my 6 month old N20 had stretched to heck.  the old mask looked great, seemed great. I had leaks with it.

The new one works.

The old one had bit the bullet.

Maybe your old F30 isn't doing so well...

My F30 is only a couple of months old. I'm focusing on proper tension of the head gear straps. The next time I'm due CPAP equipment, I'll request new F30 head gear.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great....when I started in this game my first mask lasted 5 years. I did some repairs along the way.

Now they last 6 months

Love your comments. Have you ever asked a technician at your DME if they've worn a mask? With a machine running? Should be a requirement before they help us.
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2019, 08:09 PM)DaveL Wrote: Great....when I started in this game my first mask lasted 5 years. I did some repairs along the way.

Now they last 6 months

Love your comments.  Have you ever asked a technician at your DME if they've worn a mask?  With a machine running?  Should be a requirement before they help us.

I'm a noob when it comes to SA therapy and CPAP equipment. But, I'm trying as best I can to get up to speed and learn as much as I can, as fast as I can. 

I'm lucky though. It's been going pretty well for me. Still waiting though, for the feeling better part to kick in............. Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2019, 08:21 PM)Big Guy Wrote: I'm lucky though. It's been going pretty well for me. Still waiting though, for the feeling better part to kick in............. Dont-know

Like me, you may just experience gradual (and sometimes bumpy) progress, with no kick!

Was tiredness one of your symptoms? For me, I think the tiredness came over me slowly, taking decades. So slow that it just became the new normal for me, so I didn't complain of it. Looking back, though, I can definitely see a big difference.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2019, 09:33 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 08:21 PM)Big Guy Wrote: I'm lucky though. It's been going pretty well for me. Still waiting though, for the feeling better part to kick in............. Dont-know

Like me, you may just experience gradual (and sometimes bumpy) progress, with no kick!

Was tiredness one of your symptoms? For me, I think the tiredness came over me slowly, taking decades. So slow that it just became the new normal for me, so I didn't complain of it. Looking back, though, I can definitely see a big difference.

My experience is pretty much what you experienced. The tiredness was a big part, which I pretty much dismissed to just getting older. 

And, I just thought that most everyone snored to some degree or another.  Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2019, 11:03 PM)Big Guy Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 09:33 PM)Sleepster Wrote:

My experience is pretty much what you experienced. The tiredness was a big part, which I pretty much dismissed to just getting older. 

And, I just thought that most everyone snored to some degree or another.  Eat-popcorn

Me too....
I remember my Father's sleep patterns. He was retired navy. His explanation: he could fall asleep anywhere. Instantly.  It was his skill surviving WW2 and the Korean war.
I hadn't heard about OSA until much much later. I remember how he sounded. OSA for sure.

Someone here gave me help when I said I felt like crap at about 8 hours sleep using cpap. My numbers are low too. They suggested I needed to sleep longer. 

I wonder if I'm missing some essential skill?
Should I be measuring blood oxygen level?

For me improvement comes in little steps. I recently went back to my ugly, uncomfortable cpap pillow. I had been using the lovely huge down pillow my late sister gave me, with fond memories of her. (My head position was wrong using that pillow.)
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Oh my gosh. And here I was, happy with my 24L leak, mine have been so consistantly high lately (30L-42 Oh-jeez L)
Post Reply Post Reply
Of all the things the myAir site tracks for me, air leaks were always a zero for me right from the very start. Even when I switched from the AirFit F20 to the F30 mask. 

But, then all of a sudden, the air leaks took a big jump. I'm still getting some, but not nearly as much as previously. They only seem to show up when I'm using my F30 mask. 

I'm determined to find out why.  Thinking-about

The last 4 nights, my air leakage rate was 2, 2, 4 and 1. Tightening up the head gear straps obviously helped.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-06-2019, 10:46 AM)Big Guy Wrote: Of all the things the myAir site tracks for me, air leaks were always a zero for me right from the very start.

A single statistic like the 90th percentile leak rate or the like must be interpreted with care. If the number is high we know we have a problem, but if the number is low further investigation is needed. We need to look at our leak rate graphs. There will be a low baseline (hopefully) when you are not leaking significantly. Look for chunks of time when the leak rate is elevated above that baseline. That's an indication that your sleep may be disturbed by those leaks.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 233 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,407 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 140 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 147 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 132 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  2 weeks in. Mask leak and flow limit Jojo1982 11 669 02-22-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Jojo1982
Sad [Treatment] UARS with Aerophagia and a High Leak Rate, what next? Adam0410 9 407 02-14-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.