Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask choice in the DreamStation - help needed
Mask choice in the DreamStation - help needed
Hi...

I am trying to pick the correct mask type in my new  DreamStation Auto BiPAP DSX700T11.
My mask is a ResMed Mirage Activa LT .  It is a nasal mask.  

My choices are:  X1-X5. My mask manual tell me to choose "Activa" for a mask setting but I do not have that.  My mask size is large and I am using it with a 6 foot 22 cm hose.  I was able to set the hose size up correctly.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

mraroid
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask choice in the DreamStation - help needed
Phillips Respironics mask resistance settings are for Respironics masks.
They recommend to set to off if using a non Respironics mask.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you again for the help OpalRose.  I just set it to off. 

Tonight will be the first test of my new machine.  I am looking forward to my data in Sleepy Head tomorrow.

mraroid
Post Reply Post Reply
Finally got it? Must feel like Christmas.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hola Sleeprider......

Yes, it just arrived.  I can't tell you how happy I am.  I am very impressed with the clear menu on the face of the machine.  Tonight will be my first test drive.  I hope to post Sleepy Head data tomorrow from the DreamStation.

For the time being, I am using my old 22 mm hose and my old mask.  Once my settings are more firmed up I will try switching to the Respironics Nuance Pro Nasal Pillow System - and yep you were right. - The "large" nose pillows are the correct fit for me. In a short 10 minute test, I was never able to breath very well with this mask and the large nose pillows (I also tried the small and medium).  So I am moving forward with my old mask for now.

I am trying to decide between Bi-Level and AutoB. I am still reading up on this to learn more.  Right now I have the DreamStation set to AutoB.  This gives me to following selections:

IPAP
EPAP
Minimum PS
Maximum PS

If I am interpreting the numbers correctly from EncoreBasic, I have the DreamStation set for:

IPAP - 15
EPAP - 5
Minimum PS -2
Maximum PS- 5

I am trying to move my setting from the System One 750 directly to the dreamstation, but the nomenclature changes a bit so I am still reading up.  I am making a separate post re EncoreBasic.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks

mraroid
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi mraroid,
I bet you were never so glad to see a machine as you were your new DreamStation,
CONGRATULATIONS! and good luck.
It will be interesting to see how it gose for you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't go too low on EPAP min. I would start at the same place as you had best results on the 750. I don't recall, so whatever you decide, we can go from there.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you trish6hundred and Sleeprider for the help and kind words. I have set up the DreamStation just as my 750 was set up. About the only thing I have added is that I have turned on FLEX with a setting to 1. Last night my AHI was .45

The issue for me was the nomenclature difference between sleepy head, the 750, encore and my the DreamStation.
I believe that Auto B, Auto BiPAP, and Auto Bi-Level all mean the same thing - and are different from Bi-Auto.
Once I figured all of that out, I was able to set my machine up. So far, great results....

mraroid
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi mraroid,
It sounds like you are off to a great start with your new DreamStation, keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-01-2017, 10:07 AM)mraroid Wrote: My mask is a ResMed Mirage Activa LT .  It is a nasal mask.  

I've been using the same mask for years, I like it too
Good luck
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,527 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 148 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 99 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Help needed SteveC 23 1,068 03-02-2024, 05:16 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  help needed teamarliss 7 296 02-25-2024, 10:11 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
Wink [CPAP] NEW USER - Assistance Needed Interpreting OSCAR Data tommythecat 1 279 02-17-2024, 12:55 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Advice Needed With Settings and Deciphering OSCAR Data WhatIsRemSleep 16 947 02-12-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.