Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask fight, part two. DME was here.
RE: Mask fight, part two. DME was here.
(06-03-2015, 08:07 PM)retired_guy Wrote:
(06-03-2015, 07:26 PM)JVinNE Wrote: Thank you to everyone who has been kind and helped me here. It means a lot to me. She only had two chinstraps, and both did not fit me. As for the utterly insensitive comment about me being whacked in the head again, domestic violence is not a f*cking joke, and he almost killed me. I went deaf for an hour due to the attack.

I do apologize JV. I did not recognize the seriousness of your issue when you first posted it. I very much agree domestic violence is not a joke.

Thank you for your apology, it means a lot to me. It was a really tough situation, and he even choked me and tried to kill me. He was a very scary man.

(06-03-2015, 03:38 PM)me50 Wrote: have you tried the wisp? also, there are adjustable chin straps. Did she offer one for you. I believe the carefusion is adjustable. If they are too big for you, ask if they can order one that has childrens' sizes

I have not tried it yet, but I just looked at it online. I might try the cloth ffm next. I have read mixed reviews, but they have a 30 day thing, so...
Post Reply Post Reply
I have used the Sleepweaver Anew FFM as well as the Sleepweaver Élan nasal mask.
I had a problem with the Anew rubbing under my nose until it was sore. It also was difficult for me to tame the leaks with the Anew.
My two favorite masks are the Élan and the wisp. Both allow me to bury my face in my pillow when I sleep on my side or stomach, which is most of the time.
I did adjust my max pressure from 25 to 18. That made a huge difference with leaks and quality of sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
I second the Wisp mask! It has an xsmall mask which is really small. I use the small/med one and it fits perfectly and is comfortable. Only problem I have with it is it gets too humid in the mask and the seal becomes weak, making it leak. But that's an operator problem, not the masks fault.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 33 10,403 03-29-2024, 02:30 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Eagerly seeking ancient CPAP part ! Visualist 3 340 03-12-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Visualist
  Alternative Part? sambo42xa 1 430 08-27-2023, 10:17 AM
Last Post: sambo42xa
  Need help with part identity F&P Icon Novo Vsidles 2 385 05-03-2023, 07:31 PM
Last Post: Vsidles
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,630 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  AirCurve 10 - Where does leftover part go? markc1117 4 734 11-19-2022, 01:46 PM
Last Post: markc1117
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,310 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.