Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask fight, part two. DME was here.
Sad 
Mask fight, part two. DME was here.
My DME woman is really nice. She feels bad that I am going through the mask struggle. We tried P10, and another ResMed FFM. The pillows are not for me. It was just too weird feeling, and I knew right away. Then the other ResMed FFM leaked like mad at higher pressure on my ASV. I have a narrow face, with high cheekbones, so the masks ride too wide on my cheeks, and it leaves marks in the morning, and a seemingly permanent dent/line on the left side of my face, because I can only sleep on my stomach and my left side, due to positional vertigo I got after my ex hit me.

I have tried to loosen my mask and even added a Pad-a-cheek liner to it, but as soon as I loosen it, it leaks into my eyes and makes a squealing/whining noise.

My numbers have been good; I had 0.0 AHI for 7 nights, then one night of .11 unclassified, during a leak, and then another night of 0.0, but my mask has to be bolted to my face. They even tried a Ruby chinstrap, and the smallest one was too big for my head, so nasal mask will meak mouth leaks. They are going to try the Amara View on me next. I like the way my Simplus feels, but I am a singer, and in the public eye, so when I am on video and in pictures, I feel a bit uncomfortable, due to having these deep lines on the left side of my face.

The DME lady said my case is rare, because most people just get red marks that go away during the daytime, and that because of the shape of my face, and the fact that I am on ASV, this is the problem.

Sad This is making me very sad, and adding to my anxiety issues.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask fight, part two. DME was here.
(06-03-2015, 02:24 PM)JVinNE Wrote: My DME woman is really nice. She feels bad that I am going through the mask struggle. We tried P10, and another ResMed FFM. The pillows are not for me. It was just too weird feeling, and I knew right away. Then the other ResMed FFM leaked like mad at higher pressure on my ASV. I have a narrow face, with high cheekbones, so the masks ride too wide on my cheeks, and it

She's probably nice but apparently only carries a few masks.

You might want to try online. There are a ton of different masks available, and it's almost certain that you'll find one you like.
Post Reply Post Reply
I sleep face down, sideways, etc. Once in a while the mask leaks; most of the time it doesn't. Only when my face is buried in a pillow does the mask bother me, so I push the pillows to the side under my head and the mask is off the pillow.

Here's Ad Copy from the mfg: your mileage may vary.

The ResMed Ultra Mirage™ II nasal mask combines of comfort, convenience, quietness and effectiveness. Enjoy improved forehead support with flexible pads that conform to the shape of your forehead for comfort and stability. The two-layer cushion features a supportive inner layer and a soft outer membrane that reduces the likelihood of leaks and pressure sores.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi JVinNE,
I'm sorry you are having such a strugle finding a mask, but just keep ttrying, there are so many masks out there and sometimes it takes many of them, to find just the right one for you.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2015, 02:24 PM)JVinNE Wrote: My DME woman is really nice. She feels bad that I am going through the mask struggle. We tried P10, and another ResMed FFM. The pillows are not for me. It was just too weird feeling, and I knew right away. Then the other ResMed FFM leaked like mad at higher pressure on my ASV. I have a narrow face, with high cheekbones, so the masks ride too wide on my cheeks, and it leaves marks in the morning, and a seemingly permanent dent/line on the left side of my face, because I can only sleep on my stomach and my left side, due to positional vertigo I got after my ex hit me.

I have tried to loosen my mask and even added a Pad-a-cheek liner to it, but as soon as I loosen it, it leaks into my eyes and makes a squealing/whining noise.

My numbers have been good; I had 0.0 AHI for 7 nights, then one night of .11 unclassified, during a leak, and then another night of 0.0, but my mask has to be bolted to my face. They even tried a Ruby chinstrap, and the smallest one was too big for my head, so nasal mask will meak mouth leaks. They are going to try the Amara View on me next. I like the way my Simplus feels, but I am a singer, and in the public eye, so when I am on video and in pictures, I feel a bit uncomfortable, due to having these deep lines on the left side of my face.

The DME lady said my case is rare, because most people just get red marks that go away during the daytime, and that because of the shape of my face, and the fact that I am on ASV, this is the problem.

Sad This is making me very sad, and adding to my anxiety issues.

.......Don't see a problem. Just have your EX whack you on the other side of your head and you won't have vertigo. Then you'll be able to use the P10 without it feeling goofy because all you'll be thinking about are those pretty birdies and stars.
Post Reply Post Reply
have you tried the wisp? also, there are adjustable chin straps. Did she offer one for you. I believe the carefusion is adjustable. If they are too big for you, ask if they can order one that has childrens' sizes
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you to everyone who has been kind and helped me here. It means a lot to me. She only had two chinstraps, and both did not fit me. As for the utterly insensitive comment about me being whacked in the head again, domestic violence is not a f*cking joke, and he almost killed me. I went deaf for an hour due to the attack.

(06-03-2015, 02:35 PM)Terry Wrote:
(06-03-2015, 02:24 PM)JVinNE Wrote: My DME woman is really nice. She feels bad that I am going through the mask struggle. We tried P10, and another ResMed FFM. The pillows are not for me. It was just too weird feeling, and I knew right away. Then the other ResMed FFM leaked like mad at higher pressure on my ASV. I have a narrow face, with high cheekbones, so the masks ride too wide on my cheeks, and it

You might want to try online. There are a ton of different masks available, and it's almost certain that you'll find one you like.

I'm going to do that, thank you.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2015, 07:26 PM)JVinNE Wrote: Thank you to everyone who has been kind and helped me here. It means a lot to me. She only had two chinstraps, and both did not fit me. As for the utterly insensitive comment about me being whacked in the head again, domestic violence is not a f*cking joke, and he almost killed me. I went deaf for an hour due to the attack.

(06-03-2015, 02:35 PM)Terry Wrote:

I'm going to do that, thank you.

even if she doesn't have them, she should be able to order one for you and same with the mask. I started out this last time with a wisp nasal mask and the carefusion chin strap but I don't need that chin strap any longer.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2015, 07:26 PM)JVinNE Wrote: Thank you to everyone who has been kind and helped me here. It means a lot to me. She only had two chinstraps, and both did not fit me. As for the utterly insensitive comment about me being whacked in the head again, domestic violence is not a f*cking joke, and he almost killed me. I went deaf for an hour due to the attack.

I do apologize JV. I did not recognize the seriousness of your issue when you first posted it. I very much agree domestic violence is not a joke.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried putting fleece or other material between your face and the straps? I've done that in the past since I have sensitive skin. For me, fleece worked best although it was warm. Microfleece makes me itch in that situation. I have to use the looser fleece. Not "real" fleece, of course! Baaa!

There is an adjustable Ruby Chin strap. It is one of the best out there and the adjustable one is even better. You can even add velcro if needed. I don't recommend the "fake" one made by Supplier #1 (supplier's list link at top of every page) as it has a seam in the chin cup.

Have you tried the Nuance? It is a nasal pillow mask but does not go into the nostrils like other nasal pillows. It forms its seal on the outside. It is my favorite mask. It is really unobtrusive.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eagerly seeking ancient CPAP part ! Visualist 3 301 03-12-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Visualist
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 29 9,905 02-26-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Alternative Part? sambo42xa 1 399 08-27-2023, 10:17 AM
Last Post: sambo42xa
  Need help with part identity F&P Icon Novo Vsidles 2 363 05-03-2023, 07:31 PM
Last Post: Vsidles
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,527 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  AirCurve 10 - Where does leftover part go? markc1117 4 708 11-19-2022, 01:46 PM
Last Post: markc1117
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,216 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.