Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask fit v. major mask leakage
Mydreammapper reports mask fit and SleepyHead reports major mask leakage. Last night mask fit was 100% as it frequently does, but SleepyHead reported significant periods of major mask leakage.

What is the difference between the two?

Should I be concerned about SleepyHead's major mask leakage?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Mydreammapper reports mask fit and SleepyHead reports major mask leakage. Last night mask fit was 100% as it frequently does, but SleepyHead reported significant periods of major mask leakage. That's because the mask fit is more "forgiving" of leak.

What is the difference between the two? See above.

Should I be concerned about SleepyHead's major mask leakage? We would have to see the leakage numbers and/or graph. You may be leaking by opening your mouth since you are using a nasal mask.

I'll ask that this be moved from software support to the main forum.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does yawning in the mask affect anything? Eileens 7 114 4 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Gross Mask fit on S9 Auto set readyforsleep 0 42 Yesterday, 12:02 PM
Last Post: readyforsleep
Smile The new Resmed Airtouch F20 full face mask Rastur 61 4,603 08-22-2017, 12:51 PM
Last Post: jerrydaw
  [Equipment] How long before you found a suitable mask? u8myufo 7 179 08-20-2017, 05:26 PM
Last Post: car54
Question How to talk & even drink, with your mask on? Ailu 20 2,828 08-20-2017, 05:19 PM
Last Post: bonjour
Sad Change pressure or new mask? DavdM 5 532 08-19-2017, 12:13 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  How do I stop mask removal while sleeping? SarcasticDave94 16 285 08-17-2017, 06:48 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94