Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask for side sleeper mouth breather
Mask for side sleeper mouth breather
Hi all, I am looking at getting a new face mask as Philips is discontinuing the one I’m using. I move a bit in my sleep and the AirFit F30i is marketed as suitable for side sleepers. 

Can anyone share their experience of a mask where the tube connects at the top of the head in terms of the mask staying put?

Also, I breathe through my mouth a bit. Is it worthwhile switching to a full mask instead of a nasal pillow? Thanks 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask for side sleeper mouth breather
Im a side sleeper and this mask very seldom has a leak.  I am an active sleeper with no problem with this mask.  It is the best one I have used to date.  good luck with your search.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Stacey. Will the tube down the side of the face feel uncomfortable against the pillow when side sleeping?
Post Reply Post Reply
The AirFit F20 works for me.. I can't sleep on my back, and I toss and turn all night - I have the hose running up over my head and through an elastic band looped around the head strap, and from there to the bedhead and back down to the Dreamstation on the floor at the side of the bed.
- They are not spelling/grammar errors.. I live in Australia, we do it differently Down Under  Big Grin -
Post Reply Post Reply
The best answer is try the F30i and return it if that don't match for you.

the side tubed are more confortable than the p30i for me.

The seal quality depend of you and your face, specialy your nose.

I use the medium cushion but at the start it was to straight on my nose, I melt the front of the cushion and I slightly enlarged it. it fit perfectly now and leaks rate are close to zero each nights.

A good product could be the FP30i maybe they'll do something like that in the futher
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. That’s a thought: an elastic band looped round the head strap. And yes, trying a mask and returning it if it’s not quite right would be the best thing. But I am not very mobile and ask a lot of friends and neighbors to help out with stuff. I want to minimise imposing on their kindness. I’m trying to do as much research as I can online in hope of getting it right first time.
Post Reply Post Reply
The felling is very personnal.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ve heard from a friend that the N30i has s problem for some people. Because the airflow goes through the frame to the top of the head, if you sleep on your side, it squishes the tube on the pillow side and the airflow is redirected to the opposite side causing an increase in airflow noise. Does anyone else have that experience?
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using the N30i since it first came out and I've never experienced any noticeable change in pressure or noise from one side to the other.
I don't spend a lot of time on my sides, but it doesn't seem to be an issue when I do.
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool

Download OSCAR for your sleep data.  
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
Have you always used this type of mask with the tube at the top? I’ve always used a standard nasal mask that covers the bridge of the nose with the tube in front. I’m wondering how the two styles compare. I’m in the market for a new one as my model is so old the manufacturer is discontinuing production.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 37 Today, 06:41 AM
Last Post: LaraM
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 380 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 318 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 235 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Earplugs for side sleepers? cps22 17 413 03-22-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 985 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  CPAP Side Effects Tylermdugan 6 439 03-18-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.