Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask for side sleepers
Mask for side sleepers
During my sleep study it was determined that I had to use a full face mask. So the past 9 years I have always used a UltraMirage with a cpap pressure of 15 . Are there any newer mask that are regarded as better than my current one for side sleepers less prone to leaks etc. keeping in mind my rather high pressure . And can I request a different mask from my DME or does this require a new prescription ?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask for side sleepers
I have a high pressure. I sleep on my back and on my side. I wake up every day on my side and I like the position. Airfit P10 is my mask and I love it.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Airfit P10 with a chin strap is the best I have used. I am a side sleeper and usually had to readjust masks after switching sides at night. The P10 never wakes me up with leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Same here. No problems with P10 mask, and I toss and turn alot during the night, but mostly side sleep.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You cannot go wrong with ResMed Activa LT nasal mask, perfect for side sleepers
Super quiet, easy to to fit, maintain a good seal during tossing/turning and pressure changes
With masks, can be tricky to recommend, ask DME for a trial and if buying online, get the the insurance return
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a side sleeper too:

A CPAP pillow can reduce leaks and noises from the mask.
Also leaks can be reduced witha CPAP hose lift. --> less force on the hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you need a full face mask, try the AirFit F20. I'm a side sleeper and have very low leak rares using the F20. Amara View could also be a good choice.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Another vote for the P10. I also have a My Pillow brand pillow that I form to not interfere with the nasal pillows.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another vote for the P10! I sleep primarily on my side and it's gotten so I barely notice the p10s at all.
Post Reply Post Reply
mask pressure vs mask choice is a minor issue.  The larger the mask, the more area that needs to be sealed, and as such the more likely the mask will develop leaks.

I am a mouth breather, and I sleep on my side/back and I use a P10 Pillow Mask as my everyday mask and I have used it at 25/21 cm on a BiPAP.  When needed I tape my lips.
The key to masks is to try them.  Let me rephrase that, you MUST try them, under pressure, and in sleeping position.
I put together the Mask Primer (see my sig) to help with all things mask so please read it for some mask selection strategies.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earplugs for side sleepers? cps22 17 418 03-22-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 986 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  CPAP Side Effects Tylermdugan 6 440 03-18-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Thumbsup Side sleep enforcer for positional apnea G. Szabo 0 259 02-26-2024, 05:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 402 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  would it matter if you ran a cpap (without humidifier) on its side?on its side snorin2 8 629 11-19-2023, 12:58 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  [Equipment] SD card question and mask leak issue when side sleeping KingsIndian 1 431 10-13-2023, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.