Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask for side sleepers
+1 for the P10

Side to side sleeper with face smashed into pillow. No leaking issue at all.
Post Reply Post Reply
F10 or Simplus
Could not get either mask to seal correctly.
F10 was more comfortable
Simplus sealed better but has the VERY annoying forehead brace.

Recently just got the F&P Brevida and a chinstrap
Occasionally get large leak spikes but I suspect its from open mouth
Very comfortable, some dry nose issues

I sleep on my side and learning to sleep on my back (was a side/stomach sleeper)
Post Reply Post Reply
Although I am a new user of CPAP I was given the chance to test 3 different nasal masks before I made my final decision. 

PR Pico was OK but had a few leaks. Still very lightweight and easy to use during the night. Pretty noisy though and windy. Lots of air sprayed right infront. 

Resmed Mirage FX was the second one I tested. Never fitted corectly. No matter how light or hursh strapping I tried, the mask was leaking air. Plus it needed readjustment lots of times every night. It was loosing its position. 

F&K Eson was my final choice. Very comfortable, no leaks, extremely quiet and excellent ventilation. It never loses its position no matter how I'm sleeping: sideways or on my back. I believe this is due to its ball joined hose connector: it allows the hose to swivel 360 degrees. In my opinion the best mask for any kind of sleeping. 

Costas
Post Reply Post Reply

I sleep mostly on my side.  I have tried a few masks recently and I found the Simplus and the Amara View to be very comfortable for side sleeping.  Unfortunately I was unable to continue with either mask.  I hated the forehead bar on the Simplus and the Amara View bothered my sinuses.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm an every-way-but-stomach sleeper, and the ResMed F20 has been great for me. Deets: oval face shape, high nose bridge, mouth breather (due to chronic nasal/sinus congestion).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Side-sleeper pillows RWN59 26 12,923 09-05-2017, 10:19 AM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  Side sleeping: arms going numb disturbing quality of sleep S.L. Ping Beauty 14 779 07-09-2017, 09:53 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  Sleeping position back or side Novello1234 6 389 06-20-2017, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Newbee2016
  Mask type for active side sleepers marcus10 12 1,319 12-16-2016, 11:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Side Effects Tom Whit 4 828 10-24-2016, 08:08 PM
Last Post: NorthernGuy
  AHI, leaks, sleeping on your side or back jxyzobrien 2 730 08-18-2016, 05:20 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  One week on CPAP-FFM 7 hrs a night-side sleeping-lower AHI, thanks to Apnea Board! Kris the Crone 13 1,606 06-17-2016, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Kris the Crone