Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask hacks that worked for me
Mask hacks that worked for me
I have been trying different face masks, as I get too many mouth leaks/dry mouth with the Dreamwear.  I tried the Phillips chin strap and it was a mess...but I have another (Halo chin strap) on order to give it another try.

I was using the Amara View mask and I loved it...but the headgear was really too big & gave me both a headache & sore neck.  

I ordered the Quattro FX for Her and the small mask seemed to be ok....but the regular/medium headgear was too large for me!  I discovered that a small headgear was available & ordered it.  

In the meantime, something nudged me to try the regular Quattro FX headgear with my Amara View mask and VOILA!!!  Perfection!  Lowest AHI yet..actually had a couple of 1's and 2's.  It takes a night or two with any change to adapt, but finally I feel I'm making some progress.  

Hubby is trying the Amara View, too, and the headgear just doesn't fit right for him, either.  So I've ordered him a large Quattro FX headgear...fingers crossed it will work for him.  I also ordered a somewhat "generic" Phillips Duluxe headgear that Supplier #1 suggested might work...and it doesn't have the headstrap that gives us both a headache.    

This board has been so helpful to me, and I just wanted to share this in case others might benefit from trying different parts to get the right fit.  

It's a lot of work to get the right fit,  but I know it's worth it.  I feel an improvement, even though I'm not yet below an AHI of 5 consistently.  I'll get there.  Just wish my local DME was helpful.  They're worthless and I only went with them because my sleep doctor said they were sooo good.  I see her again in 2 weeks and will have an earful for her.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask hacks that worked for me
Post Reply Post Reply
If it works........................Cool   Cool
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I too tried the Dreamwear and it was not for me.  Mostly a side/stomach sleeper.  Didn't want to go full face mask so I tried nasal pillows as suggested by my dmp.  Wow...Swift FX was the answer I was looking for.  Great flow, yet minimal face coverage.  I consistently have an AHI below 1 now (was 37-40 untreated).  Have your hubby try it!
Post Reply Post Reply
because I can't keep my mouth closed at night (leak like a whale all night), I switched to an amara view, and I am getting much lower ahis.

Only issues is I need to shave every night and that kind of annoys me because I prefer the look of the stubble, oh well... sleep first.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jaw2004,
Thanks for sharing your mask hacks; great information.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Will add it to the list!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cpap for 4 month, worked in the beginning but not much now Killiane69 6 604 01-23-2024, 07:41 AM
Last Post: Killiane69
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,523 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,204 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,747 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  What antifungal worked for your scalp from headgear fungus? GuitarInnovations 23 2,397 11-21-2021, 10:07 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Nasal Pillows vs Nasal Masks, which worked best for you? CorruptAlligator 27 5,238 11-21-2021, 09:29 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  AIRCURVE 10 CHANGE THAT WORKED CROWMAN 3 1,119 11-19-2021, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.