Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask/hose/machine connections
Mask/hose/machine connections
Hello all, very new here and I'm flummoxed.....

I just got an air curve 10 with a climate line air hose and full face mask. My dme told me the hose should fit everything out there. That seems to be a lie.

I bought an opus nasal pillow mask from amazon just to try it our for a night, and unless I am missing something basic....it does NOT fit the climate line air hose.

Now worse, when I research masks, NONE of them seem to specify what hoses and machines they fit!

So my question is...how do I know if a mask will fit the climate line air? And are the any adapters out there that I can buy to use the opus nasal pillow with my machine?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask/hose/machine connections
Page 1 https://www.fphcare.com.au/CMSPages/GetF...50514c5840
C: Male Swivel
G: Female swivel

Maybe one or both parts are missing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the response. I Does have both of those parts. The problem is that part c is the exact same size as the female couple on the resmed climate line air. It appears the FP opus and FP full face mask have different male couplers. I wonder if that male swivel needs to be a custom size to fit the climate Line air.....
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like you have the hard plastic piece still stuck in the end of your hose, a common mistake.......examine the end of the hose and make sure the mask coupler is not stuck inside the rubber hose end.

All hose and mask connections are universal.....any mask will fit any hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh I was wondering about that. There is a dark gray hard plastic part inside the rubber part. It's really in there, and I did not want to risk breaking the climate line air by trying to remove it. The technician at the dme did not mention or show how to do it.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Cygnus,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hopefully you got your mask problem straightened out.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-10-2015, 06:01 AM)Cygnus Wrote: Oh I was wondering about that. There is a dark gray hard plastic part inside the rubber part. It's really in there, and I did not want to risk breaking the climate line air by trying to remove it. The technician at the dme did not mention or show how to do it.

Thanks!

Wiggle it side to side, it will come out, the hose end is somewhat flexible rubber. The hard plastic coupler is part of the mask so keep it with the mask if you are changing masks.

Hope you get it taken care of ok
Post Reply Post Reply
this picture is what I mean by side to side..............although the connection on the right in the picture is another hose, you can see that the mask connector (hard plastic part) comes out from the flexible rubber hose end.......

[Image: Hoseconnec.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
You guys are the best!

Common sense told me the dark gray tube was part of the climate line air, not the mask....since the climate line is all gray, and the mask is all clear.

Excited to try the opus mask tonight!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,030 10 hours ago
Last Post: Poolboy
  Regular vs Slimline Hose for Airsense 10 Auto IIII 27 7,610 04-12-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Cleaning the Airsense machine itself (not the mask, tube, chamber)? dharma2255 3 145 04-10-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
Question Hose volume Willw 4 271 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  ASV machine making weird sound on startup and when mask is disconnected kc90 7 319 02-08-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: kc90
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 254 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  Woke up feeling air starved, turned machine off fell back to sleep but with mask on Phil487 7 904 01-20-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Phil487

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.