trailrider Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: A10 Autoset for Her
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Eson or P10
Humidifier: autoset
CPAP Pressure: 6-12 DME, 7-13 me
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: engineer. EPR at 3, unheated hose, humidity at 2. Routine hose entanglement.

Sex: Female

RE: Mask is Annoying!
'Do It Myself".. that would make me a DIMwit.

Oh my husband is gonna love that!
03-12-2015 11:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
49er Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: VPAP-S
Mask Make & Model: Sleep Weaver Elan Soft Cloth Nasal Mask
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 13.6/9.6

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed
(03-10-2015 11:42 AM)trailrider Wrote:  Hello everyone, I started APAP in November, with a F&P nasal mask. Everything should work, but the mask silicone is driving me nuts!

After wearing it for awhile, wherever the silicon sits my skin gets sticky and clammy. Periodically I pull the mask away so the fresh breeze from the respirator cools and dries my face, and then let it go back in place.

I am trying making little cloth covers for the mask as a barrier so my skin can breathe better. Some success, but they slip a bit.

Anyone else have this problem with the silicone?

trailrider,

You also might want to try the Elan Cloth Mask listed in my profile. It is very comfortable and one I was able to stick with after going through several full face masks that didn't work.
03-12-2015 12:52 PM
Sparkle Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: Res Med Air Sense 10 Auto Set
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed S10 37028
CPAP Pressure: 4-14

Other Comments: 3 brothers on CPAP; rescue mom to Bootsie Bella; wishes the APAP matched the decor in my bedroom :)

(03-11-2015 10:24 AM)trailrider Wrote:  I may go for the liners. I toss and turn alot, stomach and side sleep, which is why the DME recommended a mask vice pillows. But I am reading up on the forum for others experiences on that.

For info, my AHIs dropped from 36 at the study to 0.7-ish now, so I'm on the right track. Sheepishly, I am realizing how frequently my 10pm bedtime turns into a 12am one (darn books). I guess you actually have to be asleep to get rested!

Thanks all for the welcome.

That's a great response to your CPAP therapy! Congrats! I, too, like to read before bed, 2am comes pretty quickly when I tell myself I'll just read a chapter!

I started CPAP in January with a nose and mouth mask - I just switched to nasal pillows two weeks ago. They are much better but I am struggling with them getting dislodged with I move in my sleep. I'm going to stick with it though and keep working at finding a way to keep them in place.

Good Luck!
03-12-2015 03:09 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

With nasal pillows, it is aaaalll about hose placement. Get the weight of the hose off the mask and make sure it stays off. Route it up over your head and either hook it over the headboard, or use a hose hook you can purchase, or make one yourself. Just give yourself enough hose to be able to roll over.

Depending on the mask, you can also hook the mask's hose into the headgear and keep it still, too. But some don't work out so well that way. I tried it with the Nuance and it dislodged it worse for me.

So get into bed with the mask on and just toss and turn like you are asleep. Punch the pillow, throw your arms up over your head. Do stuff you think you do in your sleep. See what happens that dislodges the mask and see how you can fix it. Fix it BEFORE you go to sleep.

And when a leak wakes you, try to remember what position you were in when it woke you. Then duplicate it the next day.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
03-12-2015 07:33 PM
brianwood619 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 16-22cm/h2o
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

The remzzz liners are expensive and didn't work, more of a headache than they are worth
03-14-2015 09:02 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
trailrider Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: A10 Autoset for Her
Mask Make & Model: Eson or P10
Humidifier: autoset
CPAP Pressure: 6-12 DME, 7-13 me

Other Comments: engineer. EPR at 3, unheated hose, humidity at 2. Routine hose entanglement.

Thank you all for your advice! I've ordered the Remzzz to try out and the P10. I give each a shot and figure out what will work best. I am shocked (!) at the prices for CPAP things, as well as the extremely wide price variations between vendors (bricks/online/US/Canada/Amazon/OEM).

I feel bloodied from all the price gouging going on!
03-15-2015 12:55 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [Equipment] Annoying on/off beep on Respironics BIPAP S/T C series rcattell 8 340 11-06-2016 12:07 PM
Last Post: rcattell
Question [CPAP] Annoying Whistle Sound SMD38972 12 3,898 09-17-2016 08:33 PM
Last Post: old82
  Apria is annoying me, but don't know how to switch kdmorris410 44 2,033 07-09-2016 09:17 AM
Last Post: kdmorris410
Gross Annoying hum after dropping machine RebeccaJeanBean 4 924 10-04-2015 10:17 AM
Last Post: RebeccaJeanBean
  Annoying Robocalls from DME provider. Lukie 6 1,454 12-28-2013 12:56 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Annoying mask leak from the bottom. boar 8 2,448 11-23-2013 07:25 AM
Last Post: boar
  Neti Pot - Not just for those annoying colds SuperSleeper 31 12,454 11-17-2013 07:22 PM
Last Post: archangle