Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask is leaking way too much!!
Mask is leaking way too much!!
Hi forum,

It has been a long time since I have posted as most things have been going well with my therapy.
Over the past few months I have started having quite an issue with leaks.
During the first number of months that I started on APAP I had no leak issues then all of a sudden it started happening.
I even tried a new mask thinking my original one was wearing out (ResMed F20), I bought the new F20 with memory foam thinking it would be great but still the same leak issue.
My AHI numbers have been pretty good and I usually feel well rested but I am concerned the data doesn't reflect the actual given the level of leaking.

I am posting some SleepyHead data here from a few weeks ago, the most recent data is very similar.
Any suggestions or ideas would be very much  appreciated.

[Image: cFda8yP.png]

[Image: rFKzoSc.png]

[Image: nfh6YuU.png]

[Image: 460t78T.png]

[Image: 4gLRIxM.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask is leaking way too much!!
Have you ever tried nasal pillows?
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I haven't tried nasal pillows as I was told I'm a mouth breather during my sleep studies. Are nasal pillows less prone to leaking?
Post Reply Post Reply
Here. Go read this link called Mask primer. I think it will be a great help to you. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer

Bottom line is just because they said your a mouth breather doesn't mean you can't use nasal pillows.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I found the Airtouch F20 (memory foam) extremely leaky. I liked the Airfit F20 (silicon) way better, 'cos it's cushy, but that was leaky, too. The F20's run small IMO; I think the template used to fit the mask isn't accurate.

I now use a F10. It's a few mmmm longer and wider than the F20, as far as I can make out. I'm pleased as punch. Micro leaks only.

Incidentally, I had colossal leaks with my nasal pillows. They had a mind of their own, and no way José would they play nicely with my nostrils....
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 388 03-27-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  ResMed Airsense N30i elbow leaking? Elton525 2 347 02-13-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Elton525
  Was doing well, AHI slightly higher, lots of leaking between 4-5am. jkang9080 4 569 12-14-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] I have to CRANK down my full face mask to prevent leaking. What am I doing wrong? srwilsn3 17 1,464 12-13-2023, 04:08 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3
  leaking water tank ( Airsense 10) migos 2 522 09-16-2023, 06:21 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  AirFit F30i is leaking and I don't know what to do NoddingHacker 7 2,330 06-15-2023, 10:23 AM
Last Post: sttebr
  Good AHI and good oxygen levels - CPAP Leaking yp390 1 499 03-31-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Plmnb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.