Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] Philips-Respironics "DreamStation" - new CPAP series on the way
RE: Philips-Respironics "DreamStation" - new CPAP series on the way
(05-14-2016, 04:26 PM)TOLsen Wrote: Does the light come on if you use auto on? Most of the time I don't use the power button, just put my mask on and start breathing. Guess I haven't noticed if the light comes on or not. I've used the light to add water to the humidifier tank and fiddle with my mask when not wanting to wake the wife. Hit the menu dial and it comes on. If given a choice I would opt to keep it, I find it useful, and it only stays on for 90 seconds. I certainly wouldn't call the light a flaw. I think some people, as myself, like the light, or at the very least consider it a non issue.
It comes on whenever you enable the RAMP button. There is no issue with the auto on. It actually stays off. For new users getting accustomed to CPAP, the RAMP button can be a godsend my DME says. For me, my old Respironics legacy APAP had 0, 2, or 4 hour delay before it would start monitoring and adjusting the pressure. The Dreamstation does not have this feature. So for me, I need to use the RAMP button.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have own the DreamStation AUTO for a while now. First time using a CPAP machine. I gave me a good sleep and I love it. No more foggy feeling in the morning.
The machine does have some kind of winding noise when I was breathing in/out. I think it might have sensors adjusting the motor speed and is easy on my nose. The noise doesn't bother me. And later on I found out it must be a return from other one as I later found there's a 7.2 hours use more than I actually use the unit.
The only complaint is that I have to set to preheat the humidifier every time I plug it in. Wish it will do this automatically as soon as I plug in the unit. Also wish I can lower the auto off time when I need to go to washroom. Say 5 sec. It just takes too long and stop right at the time I come back. I'm not sure if that long delay will be counted towards my AHI index.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-24-2016, 05:24 PM)Apneaway Wrote: And later on I found out it must be a return from other one as I later found there's a 7.2 hours use more than I actually use the unit.

Not necessarily. I have an S8 Autoset II that shows 7015 hours used and 7043 run hours--and it was a zero-hour machine when I bought it. The difference is time when the machine was running but not providing therapy, such as ramp time, cool down time, machine left running while using the bathroom, using the machine to dry hoses, etc.

Post Reply Post Reply
And you don't want an auto off at 5 seconds. Say you are asleep and your mouth drops open and you have a large leak for say 6 seconds.

There is a reason .....

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
This is the machine I have. I got it a little over a month ago and the tech said it was the newest model.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well. In the 2 month time I used my DreamStation machine. I could hear a bit winding sound when breathing in/out. It doesn't bother me like others do. However last night it stopped on its own. I started it up again by breathing out. After a while it stopped again and started to beep and showed me the screen.

Service Required : 061516-XXXXXX (Tried to post a link for my picture but wouldn't allow. This is the only forum doing this).

I re-started it and it worked fine after that. So I brought it to store. They talked to the manufacturer who done some tests on the phone by pressing some buttons. And it showed TEST FAILED with a whole bunch of numbers. I got a brand new unit after. Powered it up at home and it is crystal quiet. I figure the old one must have a problem originally. So anyone thinks their unit is noisy should go check it out with your store.
Post Reply Post Reply
GOOGLE TRANSLATE, Sorry grammatical errors.

I read 13 pages, DocWils has many good reasons to review Dreamstation, membership sanitary Equipment sector is an important factor.

Belong to the same technical system for 40 years, the signs indicate that the Dreamstation will have little or no acceptance.

Buy a very cheap price, likely to be remanufactured, it arrived late and could not be collected in time to give it to me. I'll use it for travel and it is clear that I shall not keep the brick power supply 80 W it brings, it is as big as the machine itself.

However now I have a negative impression of the system of electrical service, they have copied the similar system of Apple to power its iPhone and iPad that only serve their USB chargers, like the Dreamstation have created a third pin with positive feedback that disables other Respironics power supplies.

I will tell you
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 55 4,877 9 hours ago
Last Post: btreger
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 10 1,199 10 hours ago
Last Post: freakyfrog
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,963 359,194 04-12-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: btreger
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,823 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,890 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 474 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,230 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.