Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

See the bigger picture
See the bigger picture
About a year ago we hired a new attorney straight out of law school. Was lauded as the next rising star and put this guy all of 24 years old on a pedestal. Three months in we started to notice his work slipping, finding him asleep at his desk among other things. Most attributed it to pressures of the new job until he totally botched a case. We were preparing to go to a conference in Chicago and I found out upon our return the other partners were wanting to let him go. Since I've been diagnosed with sleep apnea I am often asked to speak about it at conferences and this one was no different. Our new golden boy attended and after hearing me and two others speak on the subject, he pulled me aside afterward and said he believes he needed to be tested. Long story short, he had a sleep study, was placed on bipap with asv, and wears an oximetry every night. Since then he's been an unstoppable force in the court room. He told me all through college his roommate kept telling him something was wrong as he kept his roommate up most nights. So if you have an employee not cutting it, dig deeper, there may be a reason.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: See the bigger picture
Thanks for not giving up on him. Great story.
Post Reply Post Reply
Excellent story! Makes you wonder how much better he might have been had he gotten treated earlier.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great story. Thanks for sharing this.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bigger face masks? GrumpyGramp 5 931 08-29-2020, 10:30 PM
Last Post: becker44a
  Picture of proper nasal pillow placement GrammaBear 2 1,115 05-22-2019, 06:39 PM
Last Post: Snoring Bear
  post a picture worthog 3 1,353 12-02-2016, 07:59 PM
Last Post: MitchS
  What's wrong with this picture? DeepBreathing 13 3,633 11-23-2015, 12:05 AM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  Is It Just Me Or Are My Nostrils Getting Bigger? player 12 6,010 04-30-2015, 07:27 PM
Last Post: DariaVader
  What's wrong with this picture? retired_guy 19 5,005 08-15-2014, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Galactus
  Nostrils get bigger over night? DocWils 13 9,513 05-27-2013, 07:21 PM
Last Post: DocWils

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.