Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Washing the filter?
Washing the filter?
I've heard conflicting advice from different "respiratory therapists" on this. Some say to wash it regularly, another said to never wash it, but that they will send me a new one every 6 months. Six months seems to be a long time to go with a dusty filter. Unsure
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Washing the filter?
Hi FireInCairo,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I think the filters are disposable.
Hang in there for more responses to your post,
Best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
FireInCairo, I wash mine each week along with all my other bits of equipment and it has lasted me two years, I'm in Australia and we don't get replacements like you guys. Unless you room is very dusty, it shouldn't get too dusty each week Like evrything to do with CPAP, everyone will have a different opinion or what to do, good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
I live in a very dusty house (high ceilings, wood floors, pets) and I can barely go a month before I have to change. And it is always shoo nasty.

There are washable filters. I think it would be best to have two. Keep switching them around so one is drying while the other is being used.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2013, 03:25 PM)FireInCairo Wrote: I've heard conflicting advice from different "respiratory therapists" on this. Some say to wash it regularly, another said to never wash it, but that they will send me a new one every 6 months. Six months seems to be a long time to go with a dusty filter. Unsure
According to replacement allowance:
A7038 disposable filter ... 2 per month
A7039 non-disposable (washable) ... 1 per 6 months

Presume the machine listed in profile "Autoset II" is an S8
S8 uses a disposable air filter, the air filter is not washable or reusable (per Resmed instructions)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed S10 Air Filter Options MoreBeers 9 1,839 12-08-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 2 600 11-16-2023, 05:31 PM
Last Post: cLoo
Wink Replacing filter fiber in N30i and P30i QuietAir vents - possible! PurpleOx 2 3,140 08-16-2023, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Konomoose
  [Equipment] cleaning the filter on a nasal mask msherman1000 3 897 06-23-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: YipeekiOH
  Adding a true HEPA filter to APAP for california wild fire smoke Stom 25 5,781 03-23-2023, 09:15 AM
Last Post: JLRINCT
  AirSense 10 & 11 filter comparison ejbpesca 0 808 02-21-2023, 05:02 AM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  Washing gear in bleach? bbbl67 10 833 02-12-2023, 03:01 AM
Last Post: bbbl67

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.