Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask leak vs mouth leak
Is there any way, using Sleepyhead, to determine whether a large leak was caused by a mask leak or a mouth leak?
Post Reply Post Reply
Not as far as I am aware Jim. But you can tell by the way your mouth feels. IE Dry mouth & throat = mouth leaks, or more correctly therapy air exhausting orally. Mouth moist but still recording leaks = mask leaks. Hope this helps. - good luck.
[Image: signature.png]Keep on breathin'
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-21-2015, 10:38 PM)woozie38 Wrote: Not as far as I am aware Jim. But you can tell by the way your mouth feels. IE Dry mouth & throat = mouth leaks, or more correctly therapy air exhausting orally. Mouth moist but still recording leaks = mask leaks. Hope this helps. - good luck.
Makes sense. Thanks. I should start keeping notes and compare to the SH graphs.

Post Reply Post Reply

Yes, there is. Mouth leaks will be more flat topped while they last. Mask leaks will be spikier.

In the attachment, the upper image is mouth leaking. The bottom is mask. Someone once explained the "Why" of itl but I hurt myself trying to follow along.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Quattro (full face) mask - gasket leak gcritchley 5 71 19 minutes ago
Last Post: gcritchley
  Very High Leak Rate Grmato10 55 1,319 03-22-2017, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Exhausted / have leak rate of 28.1 aconcepts 33 641 03-21-2017, 01:23 PM
Last Post: aconcepts
  Daytime sleepiness despite low AHI, low leak, 7+ hours of daily use vas2000 12 486 03-21-2017, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Attila
  The air blows out my mouth! Leemax 10 594 03-13-2017, 11:04 AM
Last Post: Geee
  Mouth leaks getting worse, is FFM my only option? Hockenberry 10 853 03-13-2017, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Leemax
Question AHI vs Leak Rate jo11ymon 10 335 03-10-2017, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Melman