Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Im a Sleep Apnea Newbie...HELP!
RE: Im a Sleep Apnea Newbie...HELP!
(08-14-2014, 01:43 PM)robsimpson Wrote: Those hours count the time I'm laying awake thinking how much I don't like having this thing on my face.

I can certainly sympathize with this, but you really need to find a way to move beyond this. The way you think about things affects the way you feel about them. Brooding over the need for CPAP is getting in your way. I know it isn't easy to change the way you think about things.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Im a Sleep Apnea Newbie...HELP!
(08-14-2014, 01:43 PM)robsimpson Wrote: I can relate. I'm about 5 months in on treatment and still struggle with wearing it. I still check my compliance hours in the morning. Those hours count the time I'm laying awake thinking how much I don't like having this thing on my face.

I can't comment on the head and teeth pain... I had those symptoms BEFORE starting treatment and am glad to say they have mainly abated.

It took me a while during the trail but I did come to know that I feel better with it. Now I don't want to sleep without it even if I still rip it off my face in frustration from time to time.

NOT ALL MACHINES ARE THE SAME (especially as it relates to their 'smart' breathing algorithms)! I tried one that I couldn't stand during the trial and then the one i ended up with and bought. They are very different experiences (A-flex versus ERP if i recall the acromyms correctly). So if you don't like yours on the trial consider trying a different machine.
Hi robsimpson,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
CPAP therapy can take some time to get used to but just stick with it and try to think more about the good things it is doing for you instead of thinking how badly you dislike it, that will help you go along way toward acceptance, I know, easier said then done, but TRY REAL HARD.! I'm not yellin' at ya, just trying to stress the point.
The resmed machines have what is called EPR and if my memory serves me right, I thing that stands for expiratory Pressure Relief. I have also heard that it stands for Experation Pressure Relief.
Sorry for the confusion, maybe someone can give us the straight skinny on that.
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy, just hang in there and don't give up.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 383 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 238 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 352 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 131 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 615 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 292 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 75 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.