Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask leaving face marks
Mask leaving face marks
I’ve been using a CPAP machine since Dec 2020, and recently replaced my recalled Dreamstation with a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet. My pressure is 9.5. I’m using a full face mask, but have experimented with nasal, nasal pillow, and cushion masks. The nasal masks don’t work for me as they caused vertigo. With the cushion and full face mask, if I make the mask loose enough to leave no or minimal face marks I get lots of air pops during the night, but if I tighten the mask enough to eliminate the pops I get deep marks on my face which last for hours. I’m afraid after years of CPAP use these will become permanent! Any advise, or direction to things I can read to solve my problem?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask leaving face marks
Ma
The a different model would be better for you I pen F30i (or F30) from ResMed. I wear it quite loose with no leaks
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
To me, when I hear CPAP mask making marks, it tends to make me think the mask is adjusted too tight. This can mostly be traced to a mask that is the wrong shape or size for you specifically. Try another model mask.

Plan B is to use mask liners to cushion it more.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I started CPAP therapy, I had a few mask marks on my face. I was using an AirFit F20. After a couple of weeks, the marks went away. I kept my mask pretty snug. 

I'm thinking that it just took some time for my face to acclimate.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are a side sleeper you are going to get marks on whatever side you sleep on last before you wake up...
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you! I’ll look for that mask.

I’ll hope it’s the same for me, though I’m approaching two weeks and still getting deep marks. We’ll see I guess. Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much everyone for your replies!! I truly appreciate them. I tried to reply individually but I guess I don’t understand how this board works as it seems to be putting all my replies in one post.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 530 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 402 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
Angry [Health] I have to tighten my mask so badly that my face gets puffy... CantSleepWell 10 596 02-11-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Neck, face pain relef/exercises Weegie 0 169 02-11-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Weegie
  Low o2 with full face mask Eabhainn 2 264 02-09-2024, 10:43 AM
Last Post: ItsComplicated
  Full face mask tightness pushing jaw back and leaks wickedsleepy 11 749 02-07-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.