Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask liners
Mask liners
Over the past 9 years, I've periodically experienced mask leaks.  I use a Quattro Air full face mask (ffm) and a chinstrap due to being a mouth breather.  I also have worn a cloth liner under the cushion of the mask.  Can the liner be a cause of my mask leak problem?

Thank you for your time and any help is very much appreciated. 
- Dreamless
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Mask liners
IMO the cloth liners cause a constant leak by design, but no different the the exhaust flow already built into the mask. I struggled with mask leaks also, I think my face changed over the years, and my old reliable HC431 no longer sealed well, after many mask trials I found Simplus FFM now worked better for me. So maybe time for new style if mask?

I have also found longer lasting Silicone Seal life & mask sealing, by washing the seal by hand every morning with a little hand soap and tap water, then drying with a hand towel. My theory is that leaving tap water drops on the silicone leaves a residue of minerals after it dries, messing up the seal, I also suspect that cleaning with baby wipes each day (as I had been), may just be rubbing your skin grease and chemicals into the silicone. also shortening it's life. Just a guess of course, but I am happy with the results of daily tap water washing.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask liners
JohnnyMac,

Thank you so much for replying. 

Dreamless
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  mask liners F30i face mask cberistain 6 459 12-09-2021, 02:33 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Mask Liners (how) Do They Work? SevereApnea 10 885 10-16-2021, 07:12 AM
Last Post: redstormsju
  Increased leak rate with mask liners andreasnasioudis 2 539 05-17-2020, 11:00 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue Visitor 10 3,776 10-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Personal Experience On Nasal Mask Compared with Full Face Mask ramphil2019 19 2,790 04-07-2019, 12:01 AM
Last Post: ramphil2019
  [Equipment] Respironics DreamWear Full Face Mask Liners airbusA346 1 1,345 07-16-2018, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  Has anyone tried CPAP Mask Liners? oldfart59 2 985 05-30-2018, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Snore of Thunder

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.