Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask question
Mask question
I am in to my second year of treatment. As we know it is a real adventure. I currently use a mirage fx for her nasal mask which is the best one for me. I have tried a lot of them but we have a smaller range on Australia. I realy would like to have a full face mask but the technition at the clinic finally said because of my face shape ( charming , one side is a bit bigger than the other due to some treatment ) that they will all leak. My question has anyone used the new one called Wizard 220. I saw it on a suppliers web site but can find no reviews. It looks kind of cosy to me which is strange in it self, and shows how far I have come. This forum has probably helped save my life and I am eternally grateful. I would like a rest from the tape on my mouth but always need a chin strap. I actually don't mind the tape either but would like a choice.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask question
When I read the website stuff, I don't see anything that really sets it apart from other full masks, other than the small, two inch super flexible hose section that fits onto mask elbow. Sizing listed is a little confusing to me. They offer no warrantee, but don't really know how it would apply, anyway. I do think, though, that a silicone, such as they offer, or gel seal would give you a better seal, with the mask having to conform to facial variations, rather than the type of "air seal" offered by Resmed, here in US. From what I have read, there is no silver bullet that works for everyone. Sorry I can't offer more than you will have to try on your own to find on that suits your needs. Good Luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleep well, which state do you live in? I live in Melbourne and the best idea would be to go to one of the shops that sell or hires masks and get it fitted for you, they have them in most states or affiliates. I use the Quattro Air which is a fairly small FFM but something like the Phillips FitLife may work better for you face.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-07-2015, 07:42 AM)Sleep well Wrote: I am in to my second year of treatment. As we know it is a real adventure. I currently use a mirage fx for her nasal mask which is the best one for me. I have tried a lot of them but we have a smaller range on Australia. I realy would like to have a full face mask but the technition at the clinic finally said because of my face shape ( charming , one side is a bit bigger than the other due to some treatment ) that they will all leak. My question has anyone used the new one called Wizard 220. I saw it on a suppliers web site but can find no reviews. It looks kind of cosy to me which is strange in it self, and shows how far I have come. This forum has probably helped save my life and I am eternally grateful. I would like a rest from the tape on my mouth but always need a chin strap. I actually don't mind the tape either but would like a choice.

Hi Sleepwell, sorry I am unable to answer your question about the Wizard 220 mask.

I was wanting to ask you a question about the type of tape you use for your mouth.
I have tried some and it practically ripped the skin from my lips.
I am hoping you have found a good tape as you said you don't mind the tape.
I noticed you are also in Australia which is a good thing, it means I should be able to get it.

Good luck with your mask problems.
If I can't fix my mouth leak problems I am going to try a ResMed FF Airfit F10, I have read good reviews about this mask.

Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your kind Rellys. I live in Perth and where I got my original machine are not the best place for help. They also only keep the curent masks. They make me pay 35.00 to try each mask as they know I will buy off the internet form one of the suppliers on the list. I know I can get different types from other suppliers in Australia but it becomes a cost thing as they would have to post it and they do expect you to buy. There is a cost to them which I understand. Some of the chemists hire them but not sure of the hygiene. I will continue to investigate. I have never had a gel mask as I find it a bit " creepy " on my skin but like the sound of it fitting to you face. I had an Air for her but so many leaks, I gave it away to a friend. I understand about the air seal masks and that is what I have had. Will definitely look into the gel type. Thanks

Gabby I sent you an email before Christmas about the tape but it may not have arrived. Anyway it is called Micropore paper tape. Applied to the edge of the lips,up and down, not across. 50 years of nursing has enabled me to remove tape with out damage, most of the time, you have to have one finger below the tape and gently peel it of as you kind of stretch the skin down. The lower end is easy but care need to be used on the top lip especially if it is a little hairy and it might need to be waxed. I have mine threaded which is an ancient Indian art using cotton thread.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-07-2015, 07:34 PM)Sleep well Wrote: Thanks for your kind Rellys. I live in Perth and where I got my original machine are not the best place for help. They also only keep the curent masks. They make me pay 35.00 to try each mask as they know I will buy off the internet form one of the suppliers on the list. I know I can get different types from other suppliers in Australia but it becomes a cost thing as they would have to post it and they do expect you to buy. There is a cost to them which I understand. Some of the chemists hire them but not sure of the hygiene. I will continue to investigate. I have never had a gel mask as I find it a bit " creepy " on my skin but like the sound of it fitting to you face. I had an Air for her but so many leaks, I gave it away to a friend. I understand about the air seal masks and that is what I have had. Will definitely look into the gel type. Thanks

Gabby I sent you an email before Christmas about the tape but it may not have arrived. Anyway it is called Micropore paper tape. Applied to the edge of the lips,up and down, not across. 50 years of nursing has enabled me to remove tape with out damage, most of the time, you have to have one finger below the tape and gently peel it of as you kind of stretch the skin down. The lower end is easy but care need to be used on the top lip especially if it is a little hairy and it might need to be waxed. I have mine threaded which is an ancient Indian art using cotton thread.

Deep Breathing lives in Perth as well and he maybe able to help you with some places to go to and investigate.
I just looked up on the net a couple of places in Perth you maybe able to try (links below).

http://www.vitalaire.com.au/Site/pages/i...-index.php

http://www.sleepstudies.com.au/about-us/services/

In Victoria we have little shops that you can go to and buy or hire equipment, they have just been bought out by Resmed.

Another idea maybe to get onto the Resmed Austalia website and ask for any places that stock masks in Perth.

Hope this helps
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-08-2015, 01:05 AM)Tez62 Wrote: Deep Breathing lives in Perth as well and he maybe able to help you with some places to go to and investigate.

Sorry, apart from my initial purchase I haven't bought anything locally. I got my machine from Cardio Respiratory Sleep (who are part of a big practice of cardiologists and related professionals). There are a couple of local places (just search for Perth CPAP) but their prices are sky high.

When I was first set up, CRS provided about 4 or 5 different masks for me to try before settling on the Quattro Air.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all the replys. I will check out the resmed site as suggested. I did try multiple masks during my trial at the hospital clinic and had to settle for the mirage fx for her. I love it really but still want a full face for those times of severe nose block.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 209 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 531 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  Philips DreamWear FFM mask size question cps22 0 344 11-09-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: cps22
  [Equipment] SD card question and mask leak issue when side sleeping KingsIndian 1 439 10-13-2023, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question QUICK QUESTION [mask leak issues] johduv 6 615 09-27-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Newbie Question about mask and hose compatability stalemate365 0 385 05-31-2023, 09:27 AM
Last Post: stalemate365
Question Dreamwear Full Face Mask Question. egmonster 2 597 04-07-2023, 10:00 AM
Last Post: egmonster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.