Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask recommendation?
Mask recommendation?
A year on the CPAP machine, I’m still struggling with the mask. Right now I’m using the Philips Dreamwisp, which I can tolerate the best. But I often wake up feeling the pressure on my face , and I would yank it off then fall back to sleep. Sometimes I don’t even know I did that until I wake up hours later. I move a lot during sleep so I need a mask that allows movement. Any recommendations for a new mask I can try, or something I can do to make it more comfortable? I tried the mask liner before but it didn’t help ease the pressure.

Any ideas or tips are appreciated!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask recommendation?
I think it may actually be lack of pressure that causes you to rip the mask off. That is if 4-20 default pressure is in fact what you're using. 4 is too low for the majority of adults. If you're on CPAP, consider editing from 4 to 7 and adding full time EPR 3.

Get the free report tool called OSCAR and post a daily detail report here. Use F12 to take a screenshot on your PC then in a post use New Attachment to add the OSCAR file.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
On mask try the Mirage Activa Nasal Mask. The mask seal has about a half inch of movement possible when properly adjusted. Essentially there is a bellows to allow that movement. With no pressure the strap tension seems impossibly light but tightens up suitably when under pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
I try 7 masks. The airfit p10 I best for me. I have an oily face, full face mask always wakes me up.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Request Recommendation for a Dial Manometer Samwrites 4 183 03-24-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Equipment] BiPAP Replacement Recommendation Prowler 1 278 01-28-2024, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Auto Titrating Machine Recommendation REM dominated OA BoxcarPete 21 1,390 11-20-2023, 03:40 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] LF Oral Surgeon recommendation in DMV area for MMA SleepWhenImDead 1 1,103 11-16-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: isabelle315
  Full Face Mask Recommendation? Dan8585 4 930 10-12-2023, 03:33 PM
Last Post: NightyTighty
  RECOMMENDATION REQUESTED - LIGHT THERAPY srlevine1 0 378 07-23-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,633 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.