Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask resistance with an HME installed
Mask resistance with an HME installed
Hi all.  My Dreamstation Go has a setting for mask type, where its supposed to be for mask "resistance" or something.  Not very clear what it is.  Well, I was wondering if I should be messing around with this setting when using an HME inline with my ff mask.  Reason for that is when I install the HME, I notice that its harder to breath in... I mean, I can feel the pressure start dropping in the mask, as though the air isn't flowing through the HME fast enough.  Should I increase the setting , ie, x4-x5 or something?  Cos both my dreamwear ffm and nasal say to set at x1, and x0 if I use a non phillips mask, so I have no idea what the higher settings are for.

Are there masks out there that are really restrictive?

Is that really what that mask type setting is for?

Sorry, so many questions...

Derek
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Mask Resistance Setting rbmurphy66 1 418 08-26-2018, 06:25 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  PR System One Mask Resistance Settings sharkcity 19 21,965 12-23-2017, 09:16 PM
Last Post: bspengler
  Low resistance turns of cpap kyork 6 794 11-28-2017, 12:54 PM
Last Post: kyork
  Mask resistance control setting Raymond Hallett 6 1,696 11-03-2017, 03:41 AM
Last Post: Raymond Hallett
  [CPAP] System One Resistance Control for Brevida Nasal Pillow Mask Nitschke 3 1,065 10-22-2017, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Nitschke
  Resistance checking heated air hose...? S.L. Ping Beauty 3 698 10-17-2017, 10:09 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Perception of increased resistance during day after commencing CPAP? 3mp0w3r 5 735 05-05-2017, 07:26 PM
Last Post: xxyzx

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.