Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask seal
RE: Mask seal
When your F20 leaks, can you tell if it's leaking from the bridge, the sides or the bottom (chin).

sb.
Post Reply Post Reply
My F20 tends to leak from the sides, occasionally from the area that covers my nose, and last not not least, the area directly under my lower lip. 

I used my F30 last night. My wife said that she could hear it leaking from time to time. My AHI was 0.9 this morning, which is lower than it has been recently. It's been as high as 4.7 a couple of nights ago. That was when I was using my F20 mask. 

I did tighten up the straps substantially before use last night. More so than I would have preferred. But, it didn't seem to bother me all that much.
Post Reply Post Reply
It sounds like you would benefit greatly from a soft cervical collar. I have at least. It takes a few nights to get used to but it’s well worth it. You don’t have to wear it tight like you would for an actual neck injury. I barely have the Velcro attached. Just enough for my chin to rest on the collar. It helps me kill two birds with one stone. I initially got it for chin tucking but it’s also enabled me to get the benefits of nose breathing by keeping my mouth shut. I tried to use my pillows with the collar but the air still left my mouth because the pressure was only on the inside. With the F30 the pressure is on the outside of my mouth so it stays closed. I also don’t have to crank the humidity anymore since my mouth isn’t wide open all night.

It might sound daunting and very uncomfortable but with the right pillow height and wearing it as loose as possible the benefits far outweigh any initial drawbacks. Since my flow limitations have vanished and was able to turn down the humidifier, I wake up feeling amazing ready to deal with whatever the day has in store. 

The collar was the answer to my question of “wth is going on here” and I believe it’s yours also.
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
I had the same problem, I like this mask so I tend to modify or add a strap to make it fit.

On the f20, I added a 5 in. Velcro (1/2 in. wide) on 2 Amara View clips.

When my mouth opens, with the strap attached close to magnets, the mask follows my chin movement, thus less or no leaks all around. When adjusted right, you don't know it's there. I covered it to avoid a rash. It works for me, might for you.  Dont-know

Look at the screenshots, you'll get the picture. (easier than trying to understand my sometimes weird ideas) Too-funny 

sb.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
That’s an excellent idea Snorybob! If it wasn’t for my chin tucking I would do the same
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
Osiris357,  Thank's. When I use the f20, I put on the mini-strap with my Eliminator. I know it's one more thing in your face, but it's small & it helps.

I'm tired of spending $$$ on masks, so I try different things to make it work.

sb.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New User - Mask Seal Error WJ5596 6 336 02-12-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: WJ5596
  F/P Vitera Mask seal problem bryank1 8 995 10-31-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Frankiboy
  0/20 mask seal scores... please help! 1978 7 1,988 05-21-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,533 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  [Equipment] AirSense 10 Water Chamber INLET Seal lcfield 5 2,234 03-09-2023, 04:26 PM
Last Post: lcfield
  Experience about the the Evora FFM seal ? Albatros 3 816 03-04-2023, 08:24 AM
Last Post: nmwhitneyjr
  Trouble Getting Good Mask Seal Pole 5 871 03-01-2023, 02:16 PM
Last Post: mesenteria

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.