Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask selection allergy season
I am currently using a Simplus full face mask. I have never used anything else. I have very good results with the Simplus however it's the peak of allergy season for me and my nose runs like a faucet. I sneeze like crazy and constantly I have to pull the mask to scratch the nose itches. I'm making an appointment tomorrow for the family doctor to begin a Claritin regimin or some other daily treatment. I can get a prescription for a different mask tomorrow as well. Do you all have any advice for me or am I already using the best mask? Thanks in advance, you all are great.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a similar problem and went too an allergist. He prescribed Flonase. But most importantly I started shots. After 6 months of shots symptoms cleared up completely. 
I highly recommend this route.
Dont-know  I am an accountant so any advice given here is not medical. If I give any financial advice, you can take it to the bank. However, you will have a hard time cashing it in. Okay
Post Reply Post Reply
I get congested nasal passages frequently, and I usually find that nasal masks work exceptionally well, and that I can sleep regardless. I use a P10.

The problem for me with FFM is that the pressure is not directed into the nose and so I don’t find it as effective when stuffy.
Post Reply Post Reply

Went to the family doctor today. Got a prescription for xyzal and Flonase. Both over the counter. Going to start using them tonight. Also took a prescription to the DME for a P10 with headgear, don't know yet if insurance will pick that up yet or not. We will see. Doc said to try this stuff out for a little while then we will talk about referrals to an allergist. I'm very lucky to have a doctor that listens to what I want and agrees and gives helpful advice and suggestions. Thanks for the advice to you all as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Allergy shots were a life changer for me. They basically do some tests to determine what you are allergic to and then make a serum of that to inject you with. The injections start at a very low dose and slowly increase over time. Your body eventually becomes desensitized to it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] First Full Face Mask..Flu season coming! Allessio77 3 106 12-06-2017, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Sleep2Snore
  NOOB questions about treatment selection WakingDead 12 385 11-11-2017, 05:47 PM
Last Post: DariaVader
  [CPAP] Mask selection whine CPAPreturnee 9 408 05-03-2017, 03:34 PM
Last Post: CPAPreturnee
  [Treatment] Sleep Apnea + Asthama + Nasal Allergy getmylifeback 13 1,048 09-30-2016, 08:22 PM
Last Post: Violetskyye
  How to handle sinus/allergy problems with CPAP ptredhead 10 2,291 04-06-2016, 04:29 PM
Last Post: omega2498
Rainbow [Health] Depression, sadness in this gloomy season SuperSleeper 8 1,085 11-18-2015, 04:12 PM
Last Post: eseedhouse
  Nasal Allergy Reaction To Pillow Mask rayminor 4 999 11-14-2015, 01:30 PM
Last Post: JudgeMental