Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask selection allergy season
I am currently using a Simplus full face mask. I have never used anything else. I have very good results with the Simplus however it's the peak of allergy season for me and my nose runs like a faucet. I sneeze like crazy and constantly I have to pull the mask to scratch the nose itches. I'm making an appointment tomorrow for the family doctor to begin a Claritin regimin or some other daily treatment. I can get a prescription for a different mask tomorrow as well. Do you all have any advice for me or am I already using the best mask? Thanks in advance, you all are great.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a similar problem and went too an allergist. He prescribed Flonase. But most importantly I started shots. After 6 months of shots symptoms cleared up completely. 
I highly recommend this route.
Dont-know  I am an accountant so any advice given here is not medical. If I give any financial advice, you can take it to the bank. However, you will have a hard time cashing it in. Okay
Post Reply Post Reply
I get congested nasal passages frequently, and I usually find that nasal masks work exceptionally well, and that I can sleep regardless. I use a P10.

The problem for me with FFM is that the pressure is not directed into the nose and so I don’t find it as effective when stuffy.
Post Reply Post Reply

Went to the family doctor today. Got a prescription for xyzal and Flonase. Both over the counter. Going to start using them tonight. Also took a prescription to the DME for a P10 with headgear, don't know yet if insurance will pick that up yet or not. We will see. Doc said to try this stuff out for a little while then we will talk about referrals to an allergist. I'm very lucky to have a doctor that listens to what I want and agrees and gives helpful advice and suggestions. Thanks for the advice to you all as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Allergy shots were a life changer for me. They basically do some tests to determine what you are allergic to and then make a serum of that to inject you with. The injections start at a very low dose and slowly increase over time. Your body eventually becomes desensitized to it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOOB questions about treatment selection WakingDead 5 201 09-24-2017, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Mask selection whine CPAPreturnee 9 375 05-03-2017, 03:34 PM
Last Post: CPAPreturnee
  [Treatment] Sleep Apnea + Asthama + Nasal Allergy getmylifeback 13 1,007 09-30-2016, 08:22 PM
Last Post: Violetskyye
  How to handle sinus/allergy problems with CPAP ptredhead 10 2,214 04-06-2016, 04:29 PM
Last Post: omega2498
Rainbow [Health] Depression, sadness in this gloomy season SuperSleeper 8 1,055 11-18-2015, 04:12 PM
Last Post: eseedhouse
  Nasal Allergy Reaction To Pillow Mask rayminor 4 977 11-14-2015, 01:30 PM
Last Post: JudgeMental
  Contact allergy to mask silicon? armando.ntg 6 1,251 11-12-2015, 03:38 PM
Last Post: armando.ntg