Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask selection allergy season
Mask selection allergy season
I am currently using a Simplus full face mask. I have never used anything else. I have very good results with the Simplus however it's the peak of allergy season for me and my nose runs like a faucet. I sneeze like crazy and constantly I have to pull the mask to scratch the nose itches. I'm making an appointment tomorrow for the family doctor to begin a Claritin regimin or some other daily treatment. I can get a prescription for a different mask tomorrow as well. Do you all have any advice for me or am I already using the best mask? Thanks in advance, you all are great.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask selection allergy season
I had a similar problem and went too an allergist. He prescribed Flonase. But most importantly I started shots. After 6 months of shots symptoms cleared up completely. 
I highly recommend this route.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I get congested nasal passages frequently, and I usually find that nasal masks work exceptionally well, and that I can sleep regardless. I use a P10.

The problem for me with FFM is that the pressure is not directed into the nose and so I don’t find it as effective when stuffy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Went to the family doctor today. Got a prescription for xyzal and Flonase. Both over the counter. Going to start using them tonight. Also took a prescription to the DME for a P10 with headgear, don't know yet if insurance will pick that up yet or not. We will see. Doc said to try this stuff out for a little while then we will talk about referrals to an allergist. I'm very lucky to have a doctor that listens to what I want and agrees and gives helpful advice and suggestions. Thanks for the advice to you all as well.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
Allergy shots were a life changer for me. They basically do some tests to determine what you are allergic to and then make a serum of that to inject you with. The injections start at a very low dose and slowly increase over time. Your body eventually becomes desensitized to it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some Advice Needed (Machine Selection) DidIDoThat 11 740 10-31-2023, 04:48 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to cpap (Need help with mask selection) Jose Castro 1 352 10-18-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [CPAP] CPAP Equipment Selection mgonthier 1 333 09-13-2023, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Positional Apnea/Mask Selection rwhimlin 3 682 05-09-2023, 05:12 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,524 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,207 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,747 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.