Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Headache every morning
Headache every morning
I seem to be getting a dull headache every morning.  They go away about 10 mins after I wake.  I have recently increased my EPR (from 1-2) to help my flow limit.  I have also increased my max pressure (docs orders) although it doesn't look like the machine is utilizing it. It seemed slightly better after turning back down to EPR to 1, but the flow limit went back up. And the headache is still there. Any ideas? Maybe turn off EPR totally?

I will also say that it feels like my therapy is not effective. I am tired in the morning most mornings, regardless of length of sleep. Doc says therapy looks good and it is probably something else. I am not sure how to proceed or if this is something outside of cpap therapy.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Headache every morning
Post close-ups of the flow rate on events where you used the highest EPR setting, close enough that you can see the individual breaths.
Post Reply Post Reply
here you go.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
No question that you are having flow limits, but they are at a level where they may be at a level where they are not bothering you. Don't chase them just because they are there
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi.

Are your headaches behind or near your eyes?

I was told, finally, after years of suffering with these short lived headache periods, which I only had upon awakening, that they were caused by lower oxygen levels.  I always seemed to have them without pap therapy and now I don't have them since I started therapy.

Have you thought about having this checked out?

Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes they are generally behind my eyes in the forehead area
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-22-2020, 09:32 AM)bonjour Wrote: No question that you are having flow limits, but they are at a level where they may be at a level where they are not bothering you.  Don't chase them just because they are there

I am it sure which way to go then.  Up on EPR or down?  I guess I could experiment for a couple of days.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is just my two cents. I think I'd just bump up the starting pressure of 7 cm to 8 cm and take another look. This should help with the hypopneas and may help reduce your headaches.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok I’ll give that a shot
Post Reply Post Reply
Yea that's some mild flow limitation, definitely try to deal with the hypopneas first with a higher min pressure.
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Day with S9 AutoSet - Many Clear Airway in the morning liuzilong 6 121 03-18-2024, 09:25 PM
Last Post: liuzilong
  ENT / Morning Sleep r4robin 4 200 03-07-2024, 06:12 PM
Last Post: r4robin
  Events worse in the morning and events in general getting worse Elizabeth79 45 1,985 02-14-2024, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Elizabeth79
  Very Low AHI Still Extremely Tired / Waking with Headache exchanged 1 436 01-23-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Early Morning change in AHI CasitaWayne 20 6,966 01-19-2024, 06:36 PM
Last Post: jstro84
  Why do I get the big leaks early in the morning. Columbiabill 4 506 11-18-2023, 01:51 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Forehead headache and brainfogging even after A-CPAP jsa0609 2 667 11-13-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.