Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask selection on DreamStation
Mask selection on DreamStation
The mask selection options on the new DS does not include an option for nasal pillows... So I have it set at 'none'.  Our numbers are real good, but I'm wondering if there is a better setting that would add even a little more therapy improvement.

Thanks much,  FLc
If It Weren't For 'Flashbacks', I'd Have No Memory At All
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask selection on DreamStation
The numbers for the Mask Resistance setting on Respironics machines only pertain to Respironics Masks.  

If your not using a Respironics Mask, leave it set to 0 or off.  Or you could experiment with a setting of 1 and see what difference it might make.

Here is a chart that they put out some years ago, but it is outdated.  I believe that it was just a gimmick to get you to purchase a Respironics Mask.  Thinking-about

https://philipsproductcontent.blob.core....63b068.pdf
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Miss Opal.  I may try a 1 setting, but as said, she's pulling real low numbers, with it set at none or zero...

I also erroneously posted my question in the wrong environment... maybe someone who is using the DS with NP's, has found a better setting.  If you would, please move it to the ABF side for me....just in case. 

Best Wishes,  FLc
Post Reply Post Reply
No problem, thread moved to main forum.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've used the DreamStation for almost a year and recommend the Resmed P-10. I also use the Nuance Pro which is a Phillips product with a #1 setting on the DS. That number works just as well on the P-10. Quite honestly I feel no difference with it on "off" and agree with OpalRose that it was probably a promotion gimmick to promote selling Phillips masks.
Post Reply Post Reply
i own s dream station autobap all of my masks ive used are rated # 1 so if its on that number you will be good to go.
Post Reply Post Reply
FLcracker, all Respironics masks have their DS setting written on the package the mask comes in.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to all that responded....

I have set the mask 'type' at #1 as suggested.... She's pulled 2 zeros since.... .8 & .9 

First time in forever.... I think I have her setup pretty close to perfect... I'm a happy guy!

Best to All!  FLc
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-05-2019, 06:38 AM)FLcracker Wrote: Thanks to all that responded....

I have set the mask 'type' at #1 as suggested.... She's pulled 2 zeros since.... .8 & .9 

First time in forever.... I think I have her setup pretty close to perfect... I'm a happy guy!

Best to All!  FLc

like   I think she is very lucky to have you.  Good job!
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I think the mask designation (1X on many PR masks) is to to tell the Dreamstation what the intentional leak rate is. That would make the mask fit number more accurate. At one time I had a PR chart that showed what the mask designation number was for a given intentional leak rate. My Resmed Mirage Quattro mask came with a graph showing what the intentional leak rate was for a given pressure. I took that number and used the PR chart to come up with the mask designation for my PR machine. It was also a 1X as I recall. If you are using a fixed pressure a mask designation would be meaningful but with auto cpap where the pressure changes it would seem that it would not be very useful.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some Advice Needed (Machine Selection) DidIDoThat 11 792 10-31-2023, 04:48 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to cpap (Need help with mask selection) Jose Castro 1 378 10-18-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [CPAP] CPAP Equipment Selection mgonthier 1 352 09-13-2023, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Positional Apnea/Mask Selection rwhimlin 3 704 05-09-2023, 05:12 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Equipment] Air Fit 20 full face mask with Dreamstation 2 charles5758 2 923 04-16-2023, 08:02 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,623 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Mask Type setting for DreamStation 2 eajeff 0 468 01-25-2023, 08:30 PM
Last Post: eajeff

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.