Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask test: what determines maximum pressure
Mask test: what determines maximum pressure
In ResMed terminology, is the maximum pressure during the preliminary "mask fit" (run to check leakage), limited by the upper value set in the Clinicians Menu?
I would assume it is. On occasion I think that the machine goes wild on me, making all those red faces. On successive mask-fit runs, it seems to behave.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask test: what determines maximum pressure
I may be incorrect on this, but I think the mask fit starts at the maximum pressure you have set and works down to the minimum set.  

If I have that wrong, someone please correct me. Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask test: what determines maximum pressure
I'm not certain what the pressures are or how they're determined. Quite a while ago I decided that mask fit was not fit for human consumption. And the two evil demon twins are in cahoots to demolish therapy and mess with you mentally. My opinion is to fit the mask on regular therapy pressures, using the bonjour adjusting method. Lie back on the bed as if you are going to sleep, hold the mask in place with your fingers not the straps, turn the machine on to give therapy pressure, and recall what the finger tension is to hold the mask in place virtually leak-free, and then put the straps on to duplicate the tension that your fingers provided. From there, use OSCAR to determine what your leak rate is by looking at the chart. I'd just skip the bleach blonde cheerleader called mask fit or you'll be fit to be tied.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 2 101 Yesterday, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 521 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 133 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  Self-administered sleep test? BlueSky1958 6 213 02-29-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Doubts about my diagnosis? (Test results + First night with CPAP) IAXEM 14 883 02-26-2024, 03:46 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
  Home Sleep apnea test xaid 5 868 02-21-2024, 09:28 PM
Last Post: BDayton
  Taking a sleep test while on CPAP? hydra 4 355 02-21-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: MikeR20

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.