Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask trials - Australia
Mask trials - Australia
Does anyone know where in Australia I can obtain masks to try. My local supplier only has two - one I've already tried unsuccessfully and the one I bought. I know I can do better but cannot understand why I am expected to pay out upward of $250 for something that may not work Oh-jeez I've already blown $550 on 2 masks!

Private health cover only covers a small portion of my machine and won't cover any "accessories".

Why couldn't I suffer from something easy? Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask trials - Australia
Hi Spook,

When I was getting in to this my supplier 'rented' masks and machines to me until I found a set-up I liked.

Whats more - they were quite happy for me not to buy from them although, if I did, they would rebate the rental on the gear I had tested against the price of the new gear.

When I bought the gear they gave me new bits in original packing and took back the bit I had rented.

They weren't the cheapest but I really valued their service.

Perhaps you could check out the Yellow pages for a supplier that does rentals in SA... or google "cpap rental in Adelaide". That looks like it has some options.

Co-incidentally, I was in Adelaide for work for a few weeks just past. I needed to replace the headgear on my Pilairo so I found a little supplier in Grange Road.

Hope that helps

Cheers

David
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you David!
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-19-2014, 05:19 AM)Spook Wrote: I've already blown $550 on 2 masks!
I wasted some $600 on two ResMed masks when started PAP, did not work for me and could not afford to pay for any more masks. Learned from some people that CPAP supplies in US sold at a fraction of the price charged in Australia which helps me a lot in keeping compliant with the treatment, had I not find those US suppliers, probably I will be one the 50% who quit the treatment for one reason or another. Speaking of the statistics, I wonder what the % of people in Australia who don,t comply with the treatment because of the high costs and non-availability of free mask trials, after all good mask-fit is essential for effective treatment. High cost drive people choosing cheaper end CPAP machines and not data capable too which also a contributing factor of non-compliance
On this note, I,m going to bed, my CPAP on warming ready Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not sure how it works in Australia, but Resmed offers a 30 day mask return in the U.S.

If you get set up with a new mask and don't like it, you should be able to go back to the provider and swap out to a different mask within 30 days (but I would check with them on their rules).

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-19-2014, 08:19 AM)jaycee Wrote: I'm not sure how it works in Australia, but Resmed offers a 30 day mask return in the U.S.

If you get set up with a new mask and don't like it, you should be able to go back to the provider and swap out to a different mask within 30 days (but I would check with them on their rules).
No such rules exist in Australia, ResMed and others leave the rules book behind when they come down under, sad but true ... shame on them
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-19-2014, 08:19 AM)jaycee Wrote: I'm not sure how it works in Australia, but Resmed offers a 30 day mask return in the U.S. If you get set up with a new mask and don't like it, you should be able to go back to the provider and swap out to a different mask within 30 days (but I would check with them on their rules).

The 30-day return guarantee is if you buy from a vastly inflated priced DME or from an online supplier that offers 'insurance'. It's not a patient-return-to-ResMed guarantee. I've called ResMed (and Philips) about their warranties and guarantees and got "CALL YOUR DME. WE'RE NOT LEGALLY ALLOWED TO TALK TO PATIENTS DIRECTLY." (or something like that)
Post Reply Post Reply
My understanding (if not mistaken) its a manufacturers (ResMed, PR and F&P) policy to accept returned masks within the 30 days trials. DME send returned masks to manufacturers and manufacturers reimburse DME for the returned masks but DME have to do the paper-works
Who knows, might be all changed since the affordable care act Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes. Us Aussies pay dearly for living down under! I may just have to keep trolling eBay for cheap masks! Thank you for all your replies.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-21-2014, 08:43 PM)Spook Wrote: Yes. Us Aussies pay dearly for living down under! I may just have to keep trolling eBay for cheap masks! Thank you for all your replies.
Last night, I put an order in with Supplier #10, half dozen of mask cushions, ClimateLine and headgear and got the tracking number for the shipment this morning. I've enough filters and all set for another year of CPAPing Coffee
Both suppliers #2 and #10 ship to Australia but #2 don,t sell mask parts separately
Suppliers List http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] buying a CPAP from the US for use in Australia. scottie199 103 32,543 02-22-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: DB10
  REBATE on your Electricity bill [Australia] libster 0 174 02-05-2024, 07:27 PM
Last Post: libster
Question [Equipment] AirSense 11 app not supported in Australia aussiemark22 17 3,963 08-04-2023, 03:31 AM
Last Post: yuqinhuang
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,526 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  ResMed Airsense 10 pulsing in Australia using 240v - Normal use is 110v is US cornishpd 11 1,509 12-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: cornishpd
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,215 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,757 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.