Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask type Setting on Respironics
Mask type Setting on Respironics
I have looked everywhere.  search engine, here.  I can not find the X1-5 value for a medium dreamwear full face mask.  The only thing I found on here was that it should be on the package or mask.  It's not.  At one point a long time ago I thought I had found a chart but I can not find it.
Please help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask type Setting on Respironics
A Google search of Philips shows it to be a X1 setting.
Here is the link to the Dreamwear instructions:
http://incenter.medical.philips.com/docl...3D11406744
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Symbols
X1
Philips Respironics System One Resistance Control Value

Philips Respironics System One Resistance Control
Using your mask with a Philips Respironics System One device provides optimal comfort. The provider sets this value (X1) on your device.

I took that as they explained what the X1 symbol means, then later when they talk about it in the instructions they just used the symbol but weren't actually saying that it was a value of 1.

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
Respironics mask packaging are labeled with X1 though X5.  This is the mask resistant number you set on your machine.

If you should ever use a ResMed mask, leave the resistance setting to off.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-02-2020, 06:09 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Respironics mask packaging a are labeled with X1 though X5.  This is the mask resistant number you set on your machine.

If you should ever use a ResMed mask, leave the resistance setting to off.

I don't see this anywhere on my mask or the packaging
Post Reply Post Reply
I looked on the internet at images of the Dreamwear package and cushion. The resistance setting wasn't on any of the images of either side of package or cushion. It is listed in the instructions included with the mask, however.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your not the only one Crispy, 
It's not writen on my mask (same type as yours) or in any of the docs i got either. I've been searching for 2 days on the web. Read all the PR docs related online. Talk about frusterating. 

Nice to see it here. in the link above.

I don't know where this doc was found but i couldn't find it, so don't feel bad. 
And come on: "System One Resistance Control Value" = "Mask Type Setting" Sorry, but i have a special name for people that document like this. lol

Anyhow,  Thanks for the info. I can now set my mask type!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
If found these 2 references for you.
1. Philips Mask Setting Guide:

.pdf   PhilipsMaskSettings.pdf (Size: 139.08 KB / Downloads: 182)

2. At the bottom of page 3 of the Dreamwear user's guide is this snippet:

Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Huhsign The Link you posted ONLY covers the Nasal Mask with Under the Nose Cushion NOT the Full Face mask Crispy983 enquired about. I'm looking for the same info. Three attempts at calling Philips Respironics rewarded me with three 30 minute or longer opportunities to listen to elevator music. Support line useless!!!! Sad Huh Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
It wasn't easy to find, but did locate the same statement in the booklet that came with my Dreamwear mask that Crimson posted above.  Attached is the photo of the back of my bag and the location of the X1 setting.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 107 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Tube Temp and Humidity Setting To Avoid Rainout tomkelly 10 239 04-11-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: tomkelly
  Trigger Setting Switch - Aircurve 10 MrIvanDrago 4 140 04-09-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 9 16,818 04-03-2024, 12:04 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  CPAP to ASV setting translation? Moemah123 2 517 04-03-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Yujiyun
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,802 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 242 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.